cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Cost effective e-mail forwarding with sending and receiving

I currently use GoDaddy e-mail forwarding to forward received e-mails, but my ISP (Verizon) that I'm using for sending e-mail with my domain name is going to start blocking any reply to e-mail addresses that don't end with verizon.net.  This means that I can't include my GoDaddy e-mail forwarding address as the reply to address once Verizon blocks it.  Calling GoDaddy support they state that the only option is to setup a full e-mail account with GoDaddy at an extremely high cost with many e-mails (+10).  All that is needed is for GoDaddy to provide an SMTP server with authentication to support sending e-mail with the reply to address being a GoDaddy domain, which is not a relay and should be able to be sent with no problem.  GoDaddy has no need to store the e-mail but enable sending through and forwarding received e-mail using the e-mail addresses setup for my domain.  

Does anyone else have a need for this?  I would assume anyone using Verizon will come upon this issue.  I'm not willing to pay for a full set of e-mail accounts when all that is needed is an authenticated SMTP connection to go along with my e-mail forwarding.  

Does anyone have any cost effective options for this?

2 REPLIES 2
Rockstar II

@gocubs wrote:

I currently use GoDaddy e-mail forwarding to forward received e-mails, but my ISP (Verizon) that I'm using for sending e-mail with my domain name is going to start blocking any reply to e-mail addresses that don't end with verizon.net.  This means that I can't include my GoDaddy e-mail forwarding address as the reply to address once Verizon blocks it.  Calling GoDaddy support they state that the only option is to setup a full e-mail account with GoDaddy at an extremely high cost with many e-mails (+10).  All that is needed is for GoDaddy to provide an SMTP server with authentication to support sending e-mail with the reply to address being a GoDaddy domain, which is not a relay and should be able to be sent with no problem.  GoDaddy has no need to store the e-mail but enable sending through and forwarding received e-mail using the e-mail addresses setup for my domain.  

Does anyone else have a need for this?  I would assume anyone using Verizon will come upon this issue.  I'm not willing to pay for a full set of e-mail accounts when all that is needed is an authenticated SMTP connection to go along with my e-mail forwarding.  

Does anyone have any cost effective options for this?

I use gmail for all of my email addresses. I simply have one gmail account and then add all of my additional email addresses which are all hosted with Godaddy to that gmail account. I can send and receive all my work emails just as if I were using the email within the Godaddy email interface.

I need help.  Our go daddy email forwards correctly, however we aren't able to respond to the people who email us as it just responds to us.  How can we fix it so we have the email addresses of the people who email us through our go daddy email so we can respond to them?