cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Cpanel Mails

Hi, i have created mail through the Cpanel and when i connected it to outlook i can send but i can't receive.

i keep receiving the error 

Your message to name@mydomain.com couldn't be delivered.

name wasn't found at mydomain.com.

i used the configuration setting but still i can only send.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Employee

There are a couple of things to check. cPanel could be responding incorrectly, or you could be connecting to another service.

1. There's an MX entry setting in cPanel. Make sure it's set to local if you're going to be using cPanel for the mail for your domain.

2. Check your domain's DNS. There should both be an A record with the host of mail pointing to the IP of your cPanel hosting, and an MX record pointing to mail.mydomain.com.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Employee

There are a couple of things to check. cPanel could be responding incorrectly, or you could be connecting to another service.

1. There's an MX entry setting in cPanel. Make sure it's set to local if you're going to be using cPanel for the mail for your domain.

2. Check your domain's DNS. There should both be an A record with the host of mail pointing to the IP of your cPanel hosting, and an MX record pointing to mail.mydomain.com.

View solution in original post

Still the same issue, 

Your message couldn't be delivered to name@mydomain.com because the remote server is misconfigured. See technical details below for more information.

The response from the remote server was:

550 5.4.1 [name@mydomain.com]: Recipient address rejected: Access denied [AM5EUR02FT033.eop-EUR02.prod.protection.outlook.com]

The server that responded, AM5EUR02FT033.eop-EUR02.prod.protection.outlook.com, is a Microsoft Office 365 server.

So your domain must not be configured correctly for cPanel email.