Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
BillNa
New

Save and Forward Emails

I understand the difference between a regular email account and a forwarded email account.  I started with a forwarded email account, but some of the companies we deal with require an email address that is in the company domain and they prevent forwarded addresses from working.  I use my email account here very infrequently, so what would be good is to be able to set up a message rule for the inbox that forwards a copy of the email to my personal address.  I didn't see anything other than being able to move a message to another folder.  Is there any way to do this?

I would purge the local inbox after reviewing the messages in my personal email to avoid wasting space.  Inbound mail is very infrequent, so trying to find a way to catch it without having to check yet another mailbox every day.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rd
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

When you setup your Workspace Email you can setup both a forward and a catchall @BillNa. You can find those settings in the edit as well. Have a look at Set up a catch-all email account and Set up my forwarding email address from the Workspace Email Help documentation.

Whenever I get a new domain I setup a catchall email address and forward to a email address I check often. It is also worth noting that if you setup your email address as info@yourdomain.com and make it a catchall email from any prefix (before the @) will still come to the info mailbox and forward to your selected address. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
rd
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

When you setup your Workspace Email you can setup both a forward and a catchall @BillNa. You can find those settings in the edit as well. Have a look at Set up a catch-all email account and Set up my forwarding email address from the Workspace Email Help documentation.

Whenever I get a new domain I setup a catchall email address and forward to a email address I check often. It is also worth noting that if you setup your email address as info@yourdomain.com and make it a catchall email from any prefix (before the @) will still come to the info mailbox and forward to your selected address. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post