Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
csarami
Getting Started

Editing php files with website with Delux Managed Wordpress

Hi,

Is it possible to edit PHP files with a website with Delux Managed WordPress?

The person who has created the Wordpress site for me says "He has PHP files that they need to be edited in panel ( cpanel, plesk)"

if so how, please? I am planning to host my Cpanel linux WordPress site to my new plan: Delux Manage WordPress. I haven't migrated it yet. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
PL281
Super User IV

@csarami 

You have a couple of options - 

You can give delegated access to your GoDaddy account which would give access to the file manager in the GoDaddy Dashboard for the site.

You can also give SSH / SFTP access which would give them access to upload the files.

Finally you could install the file manager plugin within WordPress itself and edit the files there.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

@csarami 

Unless this is somebody you know and trust and are going to be working on things on a regular basis I would recommend updating your pin and password. In regards to modifying the files it should just be copying the files from the existing server over to GoDaddy they shouldn’t have to do anything on GoDaddy specifically first. I’d ask them what they’re looking to modify.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

7 REPLIES 7
PL281
Super User IV

@csarami 

You have a couple of options - 

You can give delegated access to your GoDaddy account which would give access to the file manager in the GoDaddy Dashboard for the site.

You can also give SSH / SFTP access which would give them access to upload the files.

Finally you could install the file manager plugin within WordPress itself and edit the files there.

csarami
Getting Started

What do you mean "delegated access to your GoDaddy account". You mean giving customer id, pass and PIN?

@csarami 

No - If you go to https://account.godaddy.com/access you can invite (and later remove) someone to have access to your GoDaddy account without sharing your user information with them

csarami
Getting Started

Unfortunately, I have given my credential to the guy working for me! Maybe I need to open a new thread for my next two questions.

1. Should I change my password and PIN and give him delegate access?

2. The web designer wants to change PHP files on GoDaddy! The site is already on another server and wants to migrate it to GoDaddy! Can't he just edit PHP's on the other server? Does migrating require changing manually files such as PHP? 

@csarami 

Unless this is somebody you know and trust and are going to be working on things on a regular basis I would recommend updating your pin and password. In regards to modifying the files it should just be copying the files from the existing server over to GoDaddy they shouldn’t have to do anything on GoDaddy specifically first. I’d ask them what they’re looking to modify.

csarami
Getting Started

• By mistake, I had accepted my post as an answer! Not sure how I can fix that! I am very sorry folks! 

Thank you I was having the same issue!!!!!!

Kevin - Circle City Digital

Kevin Wuest - Circle City Digital