cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

WP theme and plugin not installing. 500 internal server error.

I have had problems with updating Wordpress, themes and Plugin's and keep getting '500 - internal server error'. .

So I have just reset my host account, so a completely clean sheet to start over, connected my domain to the new clean host installation, installed Wordpress, with no plugin's activated. Tried to install Jetpack, received a '500 - internal server error'. Tried to install a new theme, also received the '500 - internal server error'.

I have an economy hosting plan 'Web Hosting with Plesk ', and am using Win10 pro.

Any advice please.

Update: Called support 23 Nov 2019, on live chat, was told that it was a known problem on the server and was being worked on. Entered my WP dashboard this evening 24/11/2019, and tried to install a plugin. Plugin failed to install with a '500 internal server error'. Will just have to wait some more. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resolver VI
Resolver VI
Solution

Re: WP theme and plugin not installing. 500 internal server error.

Hello JohnCF, I hope you are doing well. I have gone through your problem, you can resolve it easily. Actually, The 500 errors are the status codes returned by the server when the server encounters an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request from a client. The main reason of this error is scripting issues such as a form fails to handle a missing or incorrect value correctly. Various server faults can also cause this error like a failed disk or nonfunctional software module. Follow these tactics to resolve the issue. Restart the browser after clearing the cache and deleting the cookies Locating and correcting the misconfiguration in the .htaccess file can fix this issue. Change theme Disable the plugins and check that which one is creating the issue
Zulfiqar Anees | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb | GoDaddy Pro.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Resolver VI
Resolver VI
Solution

Re: WP theme and plugin not installing. 500 internal server error.

Hello JohnCF, I hope you are doing well. I have gone through your problem, you can resolve it easily. Actually, The 500 errors are the status codes returned by the server when the server encounters an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request from a client. The main reason of this error is scripting issues such as a form fails to handle a missing or incorrect value correctly. Various server faults can also cause this error like a failed disk or nonfunctional software module. Follow these tactics to resolve the issue. Restart the browser after clearing the cache and deleting the cookies Locating and correcting the misconfiguration in the .htaccess file can fix this issue. Change theme Disable the plugins and check that which one is creating the issue
Zulfiqar Anees | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb | GoDaddy Pro.

View solution in original post