Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted
    New

Give permission to others to write blog posts

I have a question. 

I have a sports blog. Is it possible to allow certain people who sign-up access to post? I want to let multiple people post on my blog, but right now I am the only one who can.

Maybe I could make a private page for only the people who I allow to post, on the private page it has a post button? Is this possible?

Thanks,

Eli

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
    Highlighted
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I
    Solution

Re: Give permission to others to write blog posts

If you are starting off with with a trial of Managed WordPress it will create you a temporary URL but you can add your custom domain from there. I'd really advise that you contact support so that they can live talk you through the process.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
    Highlighted
    Super User I

Hello @eli13 and welcome. Good news! WordPress is built with the exact same functions you are looking for by default. Check out a great GoDaddy Garage article Navigating WordPress user roles to maximize site security. Some of the more advanced filtering for content may require a plugin but that article is a great place to start. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

Highlighted
    New

How do I get Word Press

Highlighted
    New

Is it possible to keep my already bought domain and use it with word press

Highlighted
    Super User I

If you're new to WordPress I'd start at Getting Started with WordPress. If you get lost call GoDaddy support (or chat) and let them know your needs. They can steer you to the correct direction with regard to hosting, purchases and other needs. Welcome to WordPress!

Highlighted
    Super User I

...and yes, you can keep your existing domain.

Highlighted
    New

When I try and sign up it makes me make a new one

Highlighted
    Super User I
    Solution

If you are starting off with with a trial of Managed WordPress it will create you a temporary URL but you can add your custom domain from there. I'd really advise that you contact support so that they can live talk you through the process.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

@eli13 wrote:

I have a question. 

I have a sports blog. Is it possible to allow certain people who sign-up access to post? I want to let multiple people post on my blog, but right now I am the only one who can.

Maybe I could make a private page for only the people who I allow to post, on the private page it has a post button? Is this possible?

Thanks,

Eli

Hi @eli13. Thanks for your post. Since this is in our Websites + Marketing (W+M) forum,  I wanted to make a quick clarification. If you have our W+M website builder, you aren't currently able to allow others to create blog posts. Sorry ☹️ However, as @rd mentioned, WordPress has this feature. If you need to switch from W+M to WordPress, you may want to contact a GoDaddy Guide for some additional help. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.