• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    New

Login for clients

Hello everyone,

I am veryyyyyy new to this and need some help. I wanted to know is there a way for me to add a link for my clients to be able to login? and can the login be personal to that customer?

6 REPLIES 6
    Super User II
    Super User II

Re: Login for clients

@MsAri wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am veryyyyyy new to this and need some help. I wanted to know is there a way for me to add a link for my clients to be able to login? and can the login be personal to that customer?

@MsAri It would really depend on what type of website you have...wordpress...etc?

---

New

I am still under the free trial, so i dont believe i have wordpress. I just built it yesterday so im still working my way around it. Should i get wordpress? not really sure what it is.

Anonymous
    Not applicable

Hi @MsAri

as @justingodfrey has indicated, the type of site you chose is important as to the method of adding account access. Though generically speaking ftp accounts can be set up for a designer, or delegated access. 

I would wait wait until your trial is up and you have decided what type of site you need. When you would only have to repeat it all again probably. In the meanwhile a pro member can be delegated at any time should you need professional help. 

Or support can guide you. 

Good luck with your site. 

Helper I

I am just testing if I am loggin in

I would like to assign a web designer as a "delegate " to my account. I dont want him to.have any access to any personal acct financial or address info. Is this possible? I see 3 options of delegates, but still not clear which is the one I pick. Uhhg. Please help.

P.s. first time posting for assistance in a community blog area. My apologies if I'm in the wrong place or asking a question with incorrect terminology. 1st timer, learning as I go. Thsnk you for your patience .

Hey @MalibuPup,

I would recommend you review this article on permissions. Based on what you've described so far, you may be leaning more towards giving your designer 'Products & Domains' permissions, but the linked article should help explain the different permission levels in more detail. 

When you're ready to give them access, you can get started here

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support