• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Website Under Construction

Is there a way to show that the website is under construction, blocking it from browsers while you finish setting it up?

5 REPLIES 5
    Advocate VI Advocate VI
    Advocate VI

Re: Website Under Construction

What platform are you on? Managed WordPress? cPanel?

If it's a WordPress site, there are plug-ins that help you with this, such as https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-construction-mode/

what if its Cpanel? Its too early for me to create the page, but the homepage address is already on my business cards and I want to show the logo and coming soon sign with my email or instagram account details until I find good designer to work on the page

Basil
    Helper V
    Helper V

Here is a sample Under construction page http://oslinux.xyz

This is a sample and can be changed to fit your needs. I tried to post the HTML Code in a Code tag but kept getting a permission Denied when trying to post so I have attached the html file. The file will need some changes but can be used as a base.

to enter a new line use 

<br>

any text not between "<>" can be changed as that is Text that will show on the page. For the Email link you can delete it or change it to your email address.

<a title="Email Link" href="mailto:email@domain.net">email@domain.net</a>

replacing the email@domain.net with your email address.

You will need to upload your business logo to the same location as index.html and then replace fedora.jpg with the name of your image file.

A new and improved website is being constructed. Thank you for stopping by and please come back again real soon.

Robert Laster

Director of Communications