cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

wordpress or oscommerce not working 503 error

Hi, i have been with godaddy for years and had website up but wanted to update it, i have tried both word press and oscommerce (not installed at same time) but they both did not work, said they was installed and compatible ect, bandwidth and space is basically untouched according to hosting details.

i have had a search and looking at the replys its down to reaching your limits ?

im on economy would that effect it ?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Helper II

There are several places to look for answers.

1) Enable WP_DEBUG in your wp-config.php file + visit your site + download your site debug.log file via FTP + likely the problem will stand out.

2) Review your Apache logs, which are available for download in most CPanel systems.

This might relate to firewall rules or resource requirement overages (in spite what GoDaddy support tells you) or software bugs (theme or plugins).

Another big problem these days is recent versions of WordPress only run on recent versions of PHP.

So if you have an old version of PHP running + update WordPress, your site will be down, till you upgrade your PHP also.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Helper II

There are several places to look for answers.

1) Enable WP_DEBUG in your wp-config.php file + visit your site + download your site debug.log file via FTP + likely the problem will stand out.

2) Review your Apache logs, which are available for download in most CPanel systems.

This might relate to firewall rules or resource requirement overages (in spite what GoDaddy support tells you) or software bugs (theme or plugins).

Another big problem these days is recent versions of WordPress only run on recent versions of PHP.

So if you have an old version of PHP running + update WordPress, your site will be down, till you upgrade your PHP also.

View solution in original post