GoDaddy Academy Service Agreement
This GoDaddy Academy Service Agreement (this “Agreement”) is entered into by and between GoDaddy.com, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company ("GoDaddy") and you, and is made effective as of the date of electronic acceptance. This Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions of your use of GoDaddy Academy (“Services”).
Your electronic acceptance of this Agreement signifies that you have read, understand, acknowledge and agree to be bound by this Agreement, along with GoDaddy's Universal Terms of Service Agreement, which are incorporated herein by reference.
The terms “we”, “us” or “our” shall refer to GoDaddy. The terms “you”, “your”, “User” or “customer” shall refer to any individual or entity who accepts this Agreement, has access to your account or uses the Services. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
GoDaddy, in its sole and absolute discretion, may change or modify this Agreement, and any policies or agreements which are incorporated herein, at any time, and such changes or modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting to the GoDaddy website (this “Site”). You acknowledge and agree that (i) GoDaddy may notify you of such changes or modifications by posting them to this Site and (ii) your use of this Site or the Services after such changes or modifications have been made (as indicated by the “Last Revised” date at the top of this page) shall constitute your acceptance of this Agreement as last revised. If you do not agree to be bound by this Agreement as last revised, do not use (or continue to use) this Site or the Services. In addition, GoDaddy may occasionally notify you of changes or modifications to this Agreement by email. It is therefore very important that you keep your account (“Account”) information, including your email address, current. GoDaddy assumes no liability or responsibility for your failure to receive an email notification if such failure results from an inaccurate or out-of-date email address.
You agree that this Agreement shall be deemed to have been negotiated, entered into, executed and performed for all purposes within the United States of America.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
GoDaddy Academy offers curricula aimed at increasing the technical skills of the enrolled User. GoDaddy Academy offers three different career programs detailed below, and other entrepreneur programs, all delivered through skill modules coupled with assessment quizzes.
- Nascent Pros – Certified Web Professional. This introductory course provides a detailed overview of HTML basics; CSS; Java Scripts; Design optimisations; handling media; handling tools; networking and hosting; project work; and various business skills, including marketing and sales. This course is designed to be delivered over 60 hours.
- Aspiring Pros – Certified Web Developer. This course provides a detailed overview of web designing, including the essentials of HTML, CSS, scripting, etc.; web application with Ajax; PHP; database foundations, including MySQL; WordPress; Cloud concepts; and project work, including building an e-commerce website using PHP and WordPress; and various business skills, including marketing and sales. This course is designed to be delivered over 70 hours.
- Advanced Pros – Certified Web Architect. This course provides a detailed overview of web development, including web development with AJAX, PHP, database and cloud infrastructure essentials, and WordPress; Python; advanced database applications; installing applications, including Apache on Windows, MySQL on Windows and macOS, and Linux; cloud applications; website optimisations; project work; and various business skills, including marketing and sales. This course is designed to be delivered over 87 hours.
To participate in GoDaddy Academy and become GoDaddy certified, you must:
- take the applicable assessment quizzes and pass the final certification exam;
- comply with all requirements related to GoDaddy certification as may be specified on https://godaddyacademy.com (“GoDaddy Certification Site”); and
- adhere to all laws, rules, and regulations applicable to you, including this Agreement, GoDaddy’s Pro Program Agreement, if applicable, and all GoDaddy policies or communications provided to you from time to time (all of the foregoing collectively, the “Certification Requirements”).
Each GoDaddy certification is valid for a period of 2 years following the date on which you successfully pass the applicable certification exam. To be recertified, and subject to your compliance of the Certification Requirements, you must complete additional courses specific to your program, take and pass the applicable recertification exam.
OUR OBLIGATIONS; LIMITATIONS; RESTRICTIONS
At all times when you are holding yourself out as the recipient of a GoDaddy certification, or at any time that you are providing services that relate to GoDaddy and our Services, you will:
- not make any representations, warranties, or guarantees to third parties with respect to GoDaddy or the specifications, features, or capabilities of any of the Services;
- not engage in any illegal, false or deceptive acts or practices; and
- otherwise comply with the terms of this Agreement.
- Assessment and Examination Rules. You will comply with all rules and policies applicable to registration, administration, scoring and reporting of the assessments and final certification exam set forth by GoDaddy or our certification exam provider, including, without limitation, fully and truthfully cooperating with any investigation into testing irregularities. You will not engage in any misconduct in connection with the final certification exam, including:
- receiving or providing unauthorized assistance, or submitting work that is not your own;
- possession or use of unauthorized materials during any certification exam;
- falsifying your identity or misusing any username or other credentials that have been provided to you;
- allowing another individual to test under your identity or using exam results that you did not validly obtain;
- failing to adhere to any testing policy, procedure, or directions;
- disclosing or disseminating the content of any assessments or certification exam; or
- any other actions that are inconsistent with the Certification Requirements.
- Retakes. If you do not pass a certification exam, which will be communicated to you within 7 days of your exam submission, you may retake that same certification exam at any time thereafter by logging back into your Account.
- Confidentiality. You agree that all materials, including the assessments and certification exams, are GoDaddy Confidential Information. GoDaddy owns all right, title and interest in its Confidential Information, including all technology and intellectual property rights. You may not use, disclose, reproduce, copy, transmit, distribute, or make derivative works of GoDaddy Confidential Information in any form.
TERM AND TERMINATION
Term. The term of this Agreement will begin when you complete the check-out process where these terms were presented to you and will continue until the termination of your access to GoDaddy Academy, or at such time that you no longer hold a valid GoDaddy certification.
Effect of Termination. Upon any termination of this Agreement, all GoDaddy certifications you hold will immediately become invalid and you will immediately cease to hold yourself out as holding any GoDaddy certification. Your obligations to cooperate with any irregularity investigation and to adhere to all confidentiality provisions will survive the termination of this Agreement.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
NEITHER WE NOR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES, OR CERTIFICATION EXAM PROVIDERS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY COMPENSATION, REIMBURSEMENT, OR DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS OR OTHER INDIRECT OR SPECIAL DAMAGES) ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH: (I) YOUR FAILURE TO ACHIEVE GoDaddy CERTIFICATION OR OTHER INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE ACADEMY, INCLUDING AS A RESULT OF ANY (A) TERMINATION OR SUSPENSION OF THIS AGREEMENT, OR (B) OUR DISCONTINUATION OF ANY GoDaddy CERTIFICATION, CERTIFICATION EXAM, OR ALL OR PART OF THE ACADEMY; OR (II) ANY INVESTMENTS, EXPENDITURES, OR COMMITMENTS BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE ACADEMY. THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION APPLY ONLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.