Add recovery email address
Step 2 of the Set up my Office 365 account series.
If you forget your password, a recovery email address is where your password reset email will go.
If this is your first Office 365 account with GoDaddy, the steps below are for you. If you've already set up an Office 365 email address with GoDaddy, or don't remember setting it up, go to the More info section in this article for instructions.
- Sign in to Office 365 (we recommend bookmarking this page.)
- Enter your Office 365 email address and password and click Sign In.
- Enter your recovery email address and click Save. Once your recovery email address is saved, you'll be directed to your Office 365 Apps page.
- To finish setting up your online options, click Outlook. Select your language and log in options, then you'll see your Outlook inbox. This is the easiest way to access your email inbox to send and receive email.
Your email account is secure and you can reset your password as needed.
- If you have an existing email address with us, or aren't prompted to set a recovery email, log in to your Email & Office dashboard. In your Account Information section, you'll see if you've set one or not. If you don't have one set up, click Add recovery email, enter your email and click Save. Then skip to Step 4, set up your email on a device.
- If your login info doesn't work see the trouble with logging in article.