Change an SRV record
Edit your SRV (Service) records any time in your GoDaddy account. SRV records are DNS records used to identify computers that host specific services, such as FTP, telephony or instant messaging.
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select your domain to access the Domain Settings page.
- Under Additional Settings, select Manage DNS.
- On the DNS Management page, select the pencil icon next to the SRV record you need to edit.
- Edit the details for your SRV record:
- Service: The service name of this SRV record. The name should begin with an underscore, such as _ldap, _ftp or _smtp.
- Protocol: The protocol the service uses. The name should begin with an underscore, such as _tcp or _udp.
- Name: The host name or domain name the SRV links to. If you want to link the record to your domain name, enter @.
- Target: The host name of the machine providing the service, such as host.example.com.
- Priority: The priority for the SRV record. For multiple records that have the same Name and Service, the priority number determines which Target to contact first.
- Weight: The weight of the SRV record. For multiple records that have the same Name, Service and Priority, the weight value determines how often one Target is chosen relative to others.
- Port: The port number for the service, such as 80 or 21.
- TTL: How long the server should cache information. The default setting is 1 hour.
- Select Save to save your changes.
Please allow up to 48 hours for your DNS changes to take full effect globally.