You can delete a domain name so that it is no longer registered to you. Depending on the type of domain name you delete, the registry might hold it before releasing it for other users to register. You might be able to re-register the domain name, subject to additional registration fees.
To Delete a Domain Name Registration
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Next to Domains, click Manage.
Which procedure you'll use depends on the number of domains in your account:
6 Domains or Fewer
- Select the domain name you want to use, click (Settings) and select Domain Settings.
- Under Additional Settings, click Delete.
- Select Yes, I want to delete this domain and make it available to someone else to register.
- Click Delete domain.
More than 6 Domains (i.e. 7 or More)
- Select the domain name you want to delete.
- From the More menu, select Delete Domain.
- Read the deletion warning, select I want to delete this domains, and then click Delete.
WARNING: Deleting a domain name is a permanent action.
Deleting your domain name does not entitle you to a refund of any part of your registration fee.