Redeem a gift certificate online
Customers can redeem gift certificates online during checkout.
- Add a product to the cart.
- Select the Cart or Checkout page.
- Enter the gift certificate code in the Coupon Code field.
- Select Apply Coupon.
For single-purpose gift certificates, the products in the cart will be checked to see if they’re redeemable for that gift certificate. If the cart includes at least one redeemable product, then the gift certificate is applied to the highest-priced item eligible for redemption. This discounts 100% of the item’s price, regardless of the gift certificate value.
The gift certificate value is applied before taxes are calculated, so taxes are assessed on the subtotal after the gift certificate is deducted.
For multi-purpose gift certificates, the cart total will be offset by the gift certificate value. If only part of the gift certificate's value is used, it is considered partially redeemed and can be used again at a later date.
The gift certificate value is applied after taxes are calculated, so taxes are assessed on the subtotal before the gift certificate is deducted.
- What's the difference between a single-purpose gift certificate and a multi-purpose gift certificate?
- You can also redeem gift certificates with other gift certificate redemption methods, including manual redemption by a shop administrator or scanning a QR code.