SFTP with private key setup for backups
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Under Website Security and Backups, next to the account you want to configure, select Set up to setup an account for the first time or select Manage to configure an existing account.
- Under Backups, select Details.
- In the upper-right corner (above Backup Now), select the More menu, and then Settings.
- Select Private Key, paste the contents of the SFTP Private Key in the content box, and then select Save.
- Select SFTP/FTP and Use account-wide private key authentication and set the following:
- Server Address: Host IP or domain name.
- Port number: This will typically be 22.
- SFTP Username: For help with your cPanel username, see Find my FTP username for Linux Hosting.
- FTP directory path: The absolute path to the folder that holds the website content you would like to backup (e.g.
- Protocol: Should default to SFTP.
- Select Save.
- Once you’ve configured your backup settings, select Backups (Domain) in the upper-left corner of the screen.
- Select Backup Now, enter a name for your new backup, and select Continue.