Upgrade my Gen 4 VPS server
If you're consistently reaching the resource limits (CPU, memory, or disk space) of your Gen 4 VPS plan, you can upgrade to a higher plan using your GoDaddy account.
Note: Once your purchase for an upgrade is complete, the changes are permanent and cannot be reversed. Downgrades to plans with lower resource allocations are not available.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy product page.
- In your My Products page, select Servers.
- Next to the Gen 4 VPS you want to use, select Manage.
- In your Gen 4 VPS Dashboard, at the bottom of the Usage section, select Upgrade Server.
- Select the plan you want to upgrade to, and then select Purchase.
- Complete the checkout process.
- In your Gen 4 VPS Dashboard, a pop-up menu will appear. Select if you want to Upgrade Now or Upgrade Later.
Note: Keep in mind that there may be a period of downtime during an upgrade. We recommend running the upgrade when visitor traffic is low.
If you choose to upgrade later, the pop-up will close. When you're ready to perform the upgrade, select Complete Upgrade in the top banner of your Gen 4 VPS Dashboard.