Use block patterns on my WordPress site
WordPress block patterns are pre-designed, ready-to-use groups of blocks that you can add to your site by following the steps below. Also, check out this video from learn.wordpress.org by Erica Varlese to learn more about the benefits of using patterns and how to edit them on your WordPress site.
- Sign in to WordPress.
- On the left-side menu, select Posts or Pages.
- Hover over the post or page you want to edit and then select Edit.
- At the upper-left corner, select Toggle block inserter.
- Below the search field, select Patterns.
- From the list, select the pattern type you want to use to preview the available patterns.
- Select the pattern you want to use to add it to the bottom of the post or page.
- At the top-left corner, select Toggle block inserter.
- (Optional) Select the added pattern and then select and hold Drag to move the pattern around the post or page.
- Edit individual blocks within the pattern.
- Select Update.
After you see the notification at the lower-left corner that the page or post is updated, the pattern is successfully added to your site.
- Discover more about the WordPress block editor.