Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Need Dual Profiles?

It appears that only one profile can have access to the overall account, including Billing. Assigning one individual to this role is dangerous should something bad happen to that person (e.g. hit by a bus) - effectively there would be no way to gain control of the account, short of sharing the password (or putting it in a safe and hoping they didn't change the password.) It seems like our only option is to change the profile to a shared username and password. Not good security practice.

What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Dave_Evans 

Here is the information - https://www.godaddy.com/help/regain-access-to-my-domain-or-my-account-4043 

So no this is not easily spoof / done and requires physical materials to be submitted and to the best of my knowledge is manually reviewed

The other thing that you can share with someone which is actually more important than your password is your customer support pin.

If someone has this then GoDaddy can "typically" authenticate them and they have full access to your account.

While people do update passwords they do not typically update the pin number.

The other suggestions I have is to make sure the phone number on the account can receive text messages and that the email address if possible is not a domain email - as if your domain expires and you get locked out of your account you can't get a password reset email

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PL281
Super User IV

@Dave_Evans 

1) In the event that you can't get access to your account GoDaddy does has a process to retrieve / reset access

2) https://account.godaddy.com/access - you can give someone dedicated access to your account where they have their own login (to their own GoDaddy account) and can switch to yours - you can decide if you want to give them purchasing privileges or not

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Option 1 sounds plausible, but how does GoDaddy authenticate the person
now trying to gain access to the account? Easily spoofed. Also bad
practice. The owner of the account should be able to designate a second,
backup admin, using their credentials.

Option 2 doesn't work - a delegate can not change the payment method, or
replace the original owner/admin if the original owner/admin is no
longer available (passed away, left company, etc.).

Not wishing this on anyone, but if PL281 passed away suddenly, and had
been collecting payment for his 300 Wordpress customers, what could they
do to regain control of their web site/account? It seems delegate
doesn't offer a solution.

@Dave_Evans 

Here is the information - https://www.godaddy.com/help/regain-access-to-my-domain-or-my-account-4043 

So no this is not easily spoof / done and requires physical materials to be submitted and to the best of my knowledge is manually reviewed

The other thing that you can share with someone which is actually more important than your password is your customer support pin.

If someone has this then GoDaddy can "typically" authenticate them and they have full access to your account.

While people do update passwords they do not typically update the pin number.

The other suggestions I have is to make sure the phone number on the account can receive text messages and that the email address if possible is not a domain email - as if your domain expires and you get locked out of your account you can't get a password reset email

View solution in original post

The link will solve the concern and it sounds like saving the PIN could
also be helpful. Thank-you. I searched help on this concern, but didn't
get this as a hit.

Have created a PDF and will include in our CoOp manual.

Dave Evans