cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Expired domain to buy from auction

I want to domain that was expired ...I saw there was an Auction going on that

The bid was only $ 12 bucks.

Now Auction ended. I missed to buy at that price..

So what can i do the buy that domain at the same price ?

Please help on that..

Regards

David

https://usps-track.us/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Employee

Hello @DavidMiller and welcome to the Community!

I am not an expert at buying domains at auction but I was able to find the FAQ's for GoDaddy's Auctions. In the list of FAQ's, I was able to find this excerpt on purchasing expired domains from GoDaddy Auctions:

A closeout is your last chance to capture great expired domain names at rock-bottom prices (closeout fee and registration fee) before we return the expired domain name to the registry. The process is a reverse auction in which the price decreases daily.

This option is available after the normal 10-day auction ends. Any auction of an expired domain name that doesn't receive a winning bid enters the closeout process.

Based off of this information and the information you provided, the time period to purchase the domain in auction has passed. You can wait for the domain to become available for purchase. There is no guarantee that it will become available immediately nor at the price it was listed at auction. In the mean time you can reach out to GoDaddy's Domain Broker Service's that can help facilitate the sale of the domain.

If you choose to reach out to GoDaddy Domain Broker Service's, please contact support to further assist with setting up your domain purchase request.

If you should have anymore questions, please reach out to GoDaddy Support available 24/7 via phone or chat.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Employee

Hello @DavidMiller and welcome to the Community!

I am not an expert at buying domains at auction but I was able to find the FAQ's for GoDaddy's Auctions. In the list of FAQ's, I was able to find this excerpt on purchasing expired domains from GoDaddy Auctions:

A closeout is your last chance to capture great expired domain names at rock-bottom prices (closeout fee and registration fee) before we return the expired domain name to the registry. The process is a reverse auction in which the price decreases daily.

This option is available after the normal 10-day auction ends. Any auction of an expired domain name that doesn't receive a winning bid enters the closeout process.

Based off of this information and the information you provided, the time period to purchase the domain in auction has passed. You can wait for the domain to become available for purchase. There is no guarantee that it will become available immediately nor at the price it was listed at auction. In the mean time you can reach out to GoDaddy's Domain Broker Service's that can help facilitate the sale of the domain.

If you choose to reach out to GoDaddy Domain Broker Service's, please contact support to further assist with setting up your domain purchase request.

If you should have anymore questions, please reach out to GoDaddy Support available 24/7 via phone or chat.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post