cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Completed transfer suddenly reverted without notification or warning?

I successfully completed a domain transfer from one GoDaddy account to another--GoDaddy sent me an email confirming, and I did some website work. Now, a few weeks later, that domain is suddenly back with the old account, with no email or notification of any kind about why.

Has anyone else experienced this?

4 REPLIES 4
Rockstar II
Rockstar II

Re: Completed transfer suddenly reverted without notification or warning?

@MystiAnne wrote:

I successfully completed a domain transfer from one GoDaddy account to another--GoDaddy sent me an email confirming, and I did some website work. Now, a few weeks later, that domain is suddenly back with the old account, with no email or notification of any kind about why.

Has anyone else experienced this?

@MystiAnne No, I've never had this happen. Did the gaining account login and accept the incoming account transfer? If not, it typically automatically cancels after 8-9 days. If you didn't accept the transfer then it was never in the account.

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I

yes they did, and I even got confirmation from GoDaddy via email that the transfer was complete. It's so weird.

Solution

Ah, I figured this out. For some reason, they transferred it to the original account, even though they sent me (my email on the new account) a "successful transfer" notification. They put the old acount number in the notice, that's how I know what they did. Why they did that will remain a mystery.

I'll just try again. Luckily in close contact with previous account owner, so hopefully it'll work this time.

Rockstar II
Rockstar II

@MystiAnne wrote:

Ah, I figured this out. For some reason, they transferred it to the original account, even though they sent me (my email on the new account) a "successful transfer" notification. They put the old acount number in the notice, that's how I know what they did. Why they did that will remain a mystery.

I'll just try again. Luckily in close contact with previous account owner, so hopefully it'll work this time.

@MystiAnne thanks for letting us know!
---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I