cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Domain transfer - still pending

Hi There,

one of our partner company transfered a domain name. We got the authentication codes, but Godaddy says the "The current registrar rejected the transfer. You must resolve issues on that end before we can transfer the domain."
The current register (Active24) confirmed that the domain is not blocked and with provided AuthCode it can be pulled anywhere.
To pull the domain, GoDaddy will need to create their own ID together with cz.nic, only then it will be able to transfer .cz domain. GoDaddy probably has got it already, so this info should be provided by them during transfer, otherwise it will be rejected.

I checked the online guide (https://uk.godaddy.com/help/about-cz-domains-8479 ) it says "To begin the transfer in process, please reach out to our award-winning GoDaddy Guides for help.” and “To change the registrant information on your .cz domain name, please contact our support department.”
So where can I reach this department next to a phone call.

The other question why did we already pay for the cz domain twice?

Thanks for your help!
Cheers,
Anett Szentgyorgyi
THX GAMES Zrt.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @anett_szt,

Welcome to the Community!

I checked the online guide (https://uk.godaddy.com/help/about-cz-domains-8479 ) it says "To begin the transfer in process, please reach out to our award-winning GoDaddy Guides for help.” and “To change the registrant information on your .cz domain name, please contact our support department.” So where can I reach this department next to a phone call.

You can call general customer support (x.co/247support) in order to have this escalated to the CCTLD Domains Team. The support agent will reach out to this upper tier team with your questions, and escalate the transfer with them if necessary. That team will also advise you of any further requirements for the transfer. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Full disclosure @anett_szt, I've never registered or transferred a .cz domain but I have dealt with several TLDs and with some exceptions the process is much the same. You should have no special requirements as anyone can register a .cz domain (About .cz domains). 

You seem knowledgeable so I'm assuming you already followed the steps to Transfer your domain to GoDaddy as you mentioned you already have the authorization codes. Have you also tried the Troubleshoot my incoming domain transfer steps? In the past I have seen a registrar not respond to a transfer but that doesn't usually reject? In most cases the registrar the domain is coming from will just not respond at all and leave the domain to default transfer after the period has elapsed. That is irritating but that should just take a handful of days to complete. In your case since it is your domain you should be able to do the push and the pull, that should speed things up?

I'm not familiar with the company you listed but there should be a process to accept a domain transfer? I looked in their help documents and couldn't define a process so I would contact their support. I note that some registrars have a robust process to transfer a domain in but a somewhat convoluted method of transferring domains out.

@anett_szt wrote:

The other question why did we already pay for the cz domain twice?

As for "pay for the .cz domain twice" I assume that your domain already had some time left? When you transfer a domain to GoDaddy what you get is a one year extension for free. So if your domain was set to expire on July 4, 2025 a transfer to GoDaddy would extend your registration period by one year to July 4, 2026. I hope that helps? Please come back and let us know what the Active24 support said.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Hi @anett_szt,

Welcome to the Community!

I checked the online guide (https://uk.godaddy.com/help/about-cz-domains-8479 ) it says "To begin the transfer in process, please reach out to our award-winning GoDaddy Guides for help.” and “To change the registrant information on your .cz domain name, please contact our support department.” So where can I reach this department next to a phone call.

You can call general customer support (x.co/247support) in order to have this escalated to the CCTLD Domains Team. The support agent will reach out to this upper tier team with your questions, and escalate the transfer with them if necessary. That team will also advise you of any further requirements for the transfer. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post