cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error page when trying to Confirm Contact Information Update

This is the contents of the link provided when I am trying to transfer a domain to a family member, who has a GoDaddy account.

When selecting "Yes Update Contact Information" getting an error page

"Given request is invalid. If you feel this is incorrect please try again."

Link contents....

Confirm Contact Information Update

ICANN requires confirmation of contact information updates. Please confirm the following update for MyDomainName.COM by 7/5/2018, or the update will be canceled.

Current Contact Information

• Registrant name
    "Old User"
  • Registrant organization
    No information provided
  • Registrant email address
    OldUser@OldUserEmail.com

New Contact Information

• Registrant name
    "New User"
  • Registrant organization
    "New User Business Name"
  • Registrant email address
    NewUser@gmail.com
Yes, Update Contact Information
No, Don't Update

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Confirm Contact Information Update

We are locked out as well due to Errors on GoDaddy over past 2 days during a transfer (to a family member ) and a complete cluster-f of backend errors and back and forth and bad advice from tech support, compounding the complexity of a simple url transfer of ownership, all within the godaddy paradigm.

completely frustrated an angry as h--.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @sparkyj. Very sorry to hear that you've had an unpleasant experience with our support team. Quality of support is something that we take great pride in and this definitely doesn't sound like the type of experience we want customers to have. We will have your feedback forwarded on to improve how things are done. We're always looking for ways to get better and we appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. 

If there is a specific technical issue that the community can try to help out with, please consider providing additional information, like the domain name and screenshots of any error. Someone may be able to provide suggestions on how you can move forward. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Yeah, got the same awful service.  _THEY_ sent me the email, 'Double-check your domain contact info' for ICANN -- only THEIR link to 'update your details' in THEIR email didn't work (auto-forwarded to a blank page) -- even when I was already logged into my GoDaddy account.  Some system.

Then the awful chat support -- or lack thereof -- that is completely incompetent and unable to send me a simple link for THEIR system to 'update your details'.

Just awful.

P.S. "Novice"?  I've only been doing this stuff for 25 years.

I'm in the same boat here. I get the email and it routes me to a blank page. I go through the troubleshooting, which leads me to this page, which doesn't help my problem.  Of course, there's no email support, and I'm travelling all over, so I have to stop everything to make a long distance call, where they want me to wait on the line for 15 minutes. Don't have the time right now.  Really inconvenient.

Re: Getting error page when trying to Confirm Contact Information Update

Godaddy:

You should refund me this registration amount since I tried to transfer this domain in time but because of your backend rats nest it forwarded the payment again to me as a result.

tridentbuilt.com

New

So, when is GoDaddy going to correct the email link?
Results:

Runtime Error

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>
New

And . . . as leoklein stated, cut out that "Novice" label.
I owned and managed my own computer business for over 35 years.  Might appear as a "Novice" in this community forum, but that's because I can always solve my own issue, so no need to post.  But, this time it's a GoDaddy coding error that I cannot correct.

JohnAR

Professional

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JohnAR,

Thanks for your feedback on the rank of "Novice" in the Community! Just so you know, it's the first level in our ranking system based on activity level. It's in no way a reflection of your years of business experience. We would love for you to post more often and certainly your rank would change. Here's a post that tells you more about the ranking system in the GoDaddy Community https://www.godaddy.com/community/Welcome-and-Announcements/Update-Changes-to-ranking-system/m-p/639.... Happy to answer any questions that you may have. Take care!

Rachel

New

So I am provided  with a reply explaining how I should post more often to remove the "Novice" label, but no reply to my original issue.

Definitely not the assistance a "Novice" would need.  That is why I generally solve my own issues and will, therefore, remain a "Novice" here.

@RachelM wrote:

Hi @JohnAR,

Thanks for your feedback on the rank of "Novice" in the Community! Just so you know, it's the first level in our ranking system based on activity level. It's in no way a reflection of your years of business experience. We would love for you to post more often and certainly your rank would change. Here's a post that tells you more about the ranking system in the GoDaddy Community https://www.godaddy.com/community/Welcome-and-Announcements/Update-Changes-to-ranking-system/m-p/639.... Happy to answer any questions that you may have. Take care!

Rachel

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JohnAR. Would you be able to clarify where the link that is generating the error is located? Outside of others that have mentioned the issue in this thread, I haven't seen reports of this. Often issues like this are caused either by browser caching or a conflict with a browser plugin/extension. I'd suggest first clearing your browser's cache and cookies. If that doesn't help, then try using a cacheless browsing window (FireFox private window, Chrome incognito, etc.), then an entirely different browser. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.