cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Inconvenient to use GoDaddy domain with google cloud.

I canceled my domain name bought from godaddy. And now I feel very disappointed because I couldn't use it with gcp instantly. I will never buy domain here again. I have lost $30 here without doing anything. They don't refund at all and even took a lot of my time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User III

It is not a good idea to cancel a domain you intend on keeping.  Check if you can manually recover it into your account or you may need to contact support to help. Once the domain is back in your account you can either point it to your provider, or transfer the domain.

The redemption period is set by the registry, this gives you time to recover the domain if it has been deleted or allowed to expire by mistake.  It is usually about a month and a half before a domain would be available to register again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III

It is not a good idea to cancel a domain you intend on keeping.  Check if you can manually recover it into your account or you may need to contact support to help. Once the domain is back in your account you can either point it to your provider, or transfer the domain.

The redemption period is set by the registry, this gives you time to recover the domain if it has been deleted or allowed to expire by mistake.  It is usually about a month and a half before a domain would be available to register again.

View solution in original post

Thanks. Your advice was appropriate. I asked the support team and Miss. Tiana (agent) was very kind. She consumed over 1 hour on the phone with me and fixed everything.

I have recovered my domain here and after 2 days, I could have the domain works for my server. Thank you and Thanks Godaddy support, Miss. Tiana.