cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

domain is locked for 60 Days after Godaddy suggestion

Hello all,
I just want to know if the first suggestion from Godaddy when you want to transfer the Domain is to change the contact of the domain name before start proceeding,
and once you changed the domain is locked for 60 Days!!!!?>
I am trying to transfer a domain will be expired in 15 days and the client should renew it, after changing the contact info as per Godaddy suggestion and finally, the DOMAIN IS LOCKED for 60 Days from transferring!!!?

I really need an answer from the Team.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Helper IV

I don't work for GoDaddy (anymore), but no that would not be the first suggestion in making a transfer. The first step would be removing and privacy is such exists, then unlocking it if it is locked.

If a 60 day transfer lock is imposed, it will prevent you from changing registrars, but if the person you are "transferring" to has a GoDaddy account, you should be able to do an account change within than 60 days because it is not being transferred out of the registrar. If they don't have an account they could set one up at no cost.

Here is info on doing a domain account change.

If you want to talk to someone in support, the holidays are typically slow, so now would be a great time to call but I assume they will tell you something similar.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Helper IV

I don't work for GoDaddy (anymore), but no that would not be the first suggestion in making a transfer. The first step would be removing and privacy is such exists, then unlocking it if it is locked.

If a 60 day transfer lock is imposed, it will prevent you from changing registrars, but if the person you are "transferring" to has a GoDaddy account, you should be able to do an account change within than 60 days because it is not being transferred out of the registrar. If they don't have an account they could set one up at no cost.

Here is info on doing a domain account change.

If you want to talk to someone in support, the holidays are typically slow, so now would be a great time to call but I assume they will tell you something similar.

View solution in original post