Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Reseller Discussions
  • GoDaddy Reseller Discussions

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    abrilsdad
    Getting Started

setting up default store front

I had a ton of trouble getting the home button to work. I found with the help of calling in, the instructions are wrong when you hit the ? when inputting for Home URL. It says "Add your domain here (For example, https://coolexample.com) to help provide a seamless experience for your customers. This helps all resellers whether you are using the standard storefront as your main site or an existing site as your main site."
    What it needs to say is " (For example, https://www.coolexample.com)" the www. is missing in the instructions. fix that and your home page will be good and not give a "NOT FOUND"
    fix the instructions and it would help many. 

abrilsdad_0-1613682494680.png

also, buy a domain so your site displays url  and not secureserver.net ect

RON COMSTOCK
    1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    rd
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

In the above scenario the www is the subdomain @abrilsdad, it serves just like storefront.coolexample.com would. Resellers will often use a subdomain for their storefront, especially if they already have a established website. That said a lot of instructions can be better? I was putting together a shelf last week and the instructions did not help much. Of course I'm a read instructions third kind of guy. Perhaps it should talk about putting your fully qualified domain name or something like that?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    rd
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

In the above scenario the www is the subdomain @abrilsdad, it serves just like storefront.coolexample.com would. Resellers will often use a subdomain for their storefront, especially if they already have a established website. That said a lot of instructions can be better? I was putting together a shelf last week and the instructions did not help much. Of course I'm a read instructions third kind of guy. Perhaps it should talk about putting your fully qualified domain name or something like that?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post