Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Mememe
    Getting Started

Security issue all types of issues when

I currently have websites+ marketing + e commerce site since March. First issue happened a few months ago when my site wouldn't open on google. 

Someone at Godaddy told me that I was using the wrong domain. (I have 3 domains with godaddy) 1 that I use, 2 that I redirect to the 1 that I use. 

After showing that I knew which domain I built the domain to and explaining it's on all of my social media platforms and that it had been running smoothly for months, about the 3rd person agreed I was right. The domain my site changed to os same words just .uk instead of .co 

That got resolved and now the same problem started again. 

Also when I upgraded my site to e commerce I insisted I didnt want a free trial because I was told it was the free trial that had messed up my site in the first place. 

So looking to see what the issue is I realised they have put a free trial of my websites marketing and e commerce page. I upgraded in March and insisted that I dont have the free trial Nd made a payment over the phone. For the full month and 2 weeks later was charged my monthly fee again. 

Godaddy claim it's normal that it shows as a free trial in my account ??? 

Then there are the website changes that I didnt make. Like my SEO and page titles. 

Content disappearing. 

Facebook being disabled. Etc ... I also noticed when searching for my site a cached page came up saying logged in (to my shop) as filler@godaddy.com 

I had 3 explanations from godaddy about this 

1 said it's an employee's email

Another said it's a spam email and the 3rd person said it's a standard login detail all godaddy users get before they make their user  name when first joining. Thing is I only opened the shop in August, I have had my godaddy account since Feb. I don't feel reassured at all. Although I like godaddy for its ease of use, I cant help feeling that my site is being tampered with. The unauthorized  change of domain happened once I had a top spot on google results under key words. I really need help because our website is what brings us business but the unpredictable and unexplained changes are forcing me to think I dont have a secure site or somehow someone is tampering with the site without my permission   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Nate
    Super User II

You can now check logins in the GoDaddy Account Settings.  If you feel your account has been compromised make sure to change your passwords and investigate.

Active signin: https://sso.godaddy.com/account/sessions

Recent history: https://sso.godaddy.com/account/activity

I am not seeing a clear picture from the descriptions provided.  Most would start with the free trial then upgrade to the desired plan level.  So this would be the same account but with more features enabled.  It kind of sounds like you may have created a new account that's separate.  It is hard to tell for sure from an outside perspective and if a refund is due you would need to contact support to process anyway, so that's what I would recommend.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    TLH

Hi @Mememe,

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately, the volunteers in this Community to not have access to your account to review any issue you're having there with billing or product listing. It's not unusual that a Websites+Marketing plan that started as a free trial, then was upgraded, would still have the "free" label on it in the system. If you upgraded during a trial period, the system would have pro-rated the upgrade, then renewed 30 days from starting the trial at the full price. As noted, we're not able to review those account matters in the Community; you would need to contact the Billing team to clarify.

If you feel that someone is coming into your account and making changes, we recommend a change of password and the addition of 2-Step Verification. You may also request an agent to review past access and you can review your publishing dates under the site history while in edit mode (comparing with your known activity). 

Because you seem to have a unique account-specific situation, you'd be wise to contact customer support to work through your questions on the plan, requesting a supervisor if necessary to resolve. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us
    Mememe
    Getting Started

This is the problem, I didn't have afree trial at all, in fact I paid extra to ensure I didnt have a free trial ( I paid for a month in the middle of a month and still got charged for another month without the date changing, also seeking help and advice is fruitless, nobody has explained who changed which domain was connected to my site or how it even happened, no 2 members of staff have the same answer to a problem. 

i explained in my original post I didnt have afree trial, so I still haven't had an answer to any of the questions I have raised 

Nate
    Super User II

You can now check logins in the GoDaddy Account Settings.  If you feel your account has been compromised make sure to change your passwords and investigate.

Active signin: https://sso.godaddy.com/account/sessions

Recent history: https://sso.godaddy.com/account/activity

I am not seeing a clear picture from the descriptions provided.  Most would start with the free trial then upgrade to the desired plan level.  So this would be the same account but with more features enabled.  It kind of sounds like you may have created a new account that's separate.  It is hard to tell for sure from an outside perspective and if a refund is due you would need to contact support to process anyway, so that's what I would recommend.

View solution in original post