Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Website CSS fails locally in IE and Edge (Chrome OK), but works published on GoDaddy; SSL problem

Good news: Website CSS works published on GoDaddy.  Bad news: fails (just CSS) locally in IE and Edge.  Since I'm testing locally you can see my dilemma.  I've cleared cache and other. Chrome works fine.  Any ideas are welcome!  

While I have your attention, FileZilla says the server's certificate is unknown before uploading my files to GoDaddy. Is that something I can fix?

Thanks bunches,

Jackie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Heather
    Employee

Hello @jackiecallaghan!

Thank you for posting! To help the community understand your situation a little better, can you provide a little more information? Which type of hosting are you using? What are the errors you're getting? 

Regarding your Filezilla question, we have a guide for what to do in this situation here

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
    Heather
    Employee

Hello @jackiecallaghan!

Thank you for posting! To help the community understand your situation a little better, can you provide a little more information? Which type of hosting are you using? What are the errors you're getting? 

Regarding your Filezilla question, we have a guide for what to do in this situation here

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

Just to clarify: I didn't have a problem with my site after I published, it works in every browser so far, I just had this odd problem of Internet Explorer and Edge not displaying CSS locally when I was testing. I thought perhaps someone else ran across this and knows what causes it.  For the future - I've decided to publish updates if they work locally in Chrome (and keep the prior version as backup in cased I really do have IE and Edge problems).

Thank you!