• How to Market Your Business
  • How to Market Your Business

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Advocate III

Pinterest as a driver of (free) traffic

Thought this may not be applicable to everyone's business, in the last 6 months I've had really great conversions by utilizing Pinterest and specifically their "rich pins" on my site. Every piece of content that we put on waggle has an image, and though currently we are behind (we have a lot of content)--we've noticed that posting our images on boards on Pinterest has made it our #2 organic traffic driver (Facebook is #1). 

I was never a huge fan of Pinterest as a consumer/user, but as a business owner I've been very fortunate. Curious if anyone else has used this strategy and if they have any other tips on how to maximize this free channel?

Here are our boards: https://www.pinterest.com/waggletoday/

Life with dogs, perfectly curated
    3 REPLIES 3
    Advocate IV

I have used Pinterest a lot for my food blog (In Erika's Kitchen) and a little for my food business (Not Ketchup) and I keep thinking I need to spend more time there. I actually paid a VA to do some pinning for me and that seemed pretty cost-effective - I gave her direction and set up the boards and told her what she should be pinning, and she did the time-consuming stuff. 

Have you experimented with Promoted Pins at all? That's my next project when it comes to Pinterest.

---
    Erika Kerekes, Founder & Condiment QueenNot Ketchup Gourmet Grilling Sauces

Hi Erika,

Sorry for the delay, I caught the flu and it has wiped me out. So I have worked with promoted pins during the beta period, we benefitted from having someone at Target who suggested my website. Since they started charging I have not used them. During the beta program they did send a lot of traffic to my site, so it did work...but they also were playing with their own money. I think Rich Pins actually do help a lot to drive organic traffic. 

Roman

Life with dogs, perfectly curated
    Employee

@RomanGarcia wrote:

Thought this may not be applicable to everyone's business, in the last 6 months I've had really great conversions by utilizing Pinterest and specifically their "rich pins" on my site. Every piece of content that we put on waggle has an image, and though currently we are behind (we have a lot of content)--we've noticed that posting our images on boards on Pinterest has made it our #2 organic traffic driver (Facebook is #1). 

I was never a huge fan of Pinterest as a consumer/user, but as a business owner I've been very fortunate. Curious if anyone else has used this strategy and if they have any other tips on how to maximize this free channel?

@RomanGarcia wrote:

GREAT POST! Pinterest is incredibly valuable to the right audience and both of yours seem to fit it well. Here's advice from Pinterest: And @RomanGarcia... Heart! Following all of your boards!