cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

I am totally lost

So I have a domain/website that I need to transfer to someplace.  I am totally ignorant about all this and dont understand it.  Im not a business.  One guy  told me he would host my site for 20 a month.  My understanding is godaddy will do it for $6.  But the $20 guy I know how to contact by email (I dont like the phone)  Chat at godaddy doesnt seem to be available.  So should I pay the extra money in order to have better service? I am totaly lost and have no clue as to what to do.  Email me at rosevillegarymiller@hotmail.com.  My website is rosevillegarymiller.com.  I also need to make some changes to the site, but dont know how

2 REPLIES 2

Re: I am totally lost

Greetings @rose4u ,

No worries, we all had to start somewhere. So your web presence is made up of four major parts*. The domain name, the hosting (internet space for your data), the content (data) itself - text images, clips, links, etc and finally, a way to edit that data - usually an application like Wordpress® or something similar. You can also get easy to edit website builders that come with the hosting.

*Some would also add SEO (Search Engine Optimization) but that's a fine point.

So which is "cheaper"? That depends on how much you want to do and how much you want others to do. I hope this reply answers one of your major questions - how to make changes - to do that you have to have proficiency with the application or editing tool. These can be simple "do it yourself" apps up to "it's a career" apps.

I know you don't like phones, but it might be worth just one call to  24/7 Support to explore our options from "you do it", "we do it" or a combination of both. No charge for some answers...

Also, we do offer chat in many areas and we are always expanding. Check our home page from your location for local details.

I hope that helps,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

New

Re: I am totally lost

yes it does...thanks