• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Proper folder for document uploads?

Pardon my ignorance for such a basic question. On my new Managed WP site I will have many PDF documents any visitor can download. On the old site I set up a server-side “Docs” folder and the path would be www.mysite.com/docs/document.pdf. Does this scenario work rhe same way with Managed WP? Not sure if I can create my own folder(s) to upload pdf’s to or...? TIA

2 REPLIES 2

Just got off a chat with a CSR who tells me that Managed WP does not allow me to have documents that the public can download. That is insane! Is there anyone out their with a Managed WP site that allows folks to download a pdf? If so, how do you do it?

Hi @Nscwebmaster. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! To clarify, our hosting policy wouldn't allow you to distribute PDFs by way of just linking to them in a directory. However, there's no reason why you wouldn't be able to add them to your website to be downloaded. I know that's a small distinction, but it is an important one. 

I would suggest just uploading the PDFs using the media library in WordPress. Then, you can use the insert media button when you're editing a page/post to insert a link to the PDF. Others may have additional suggestions though. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.