cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Deactivating Domain Privacy

Hello,

Does anyone know how I can turn domain privacy off from the new layout in the domain manager? I have never used domain privacy when registering a domain but now it seems godaddy is forcing this option (?) because there is no way to toggle it to 'off' in the domain manager page.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II

@awilson3rd 

This help article is still valid. I tested it out. You can cancel it by following the instructions.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II

@awilson3rd 

This help article is still valid. I tested it out. You can cancel it by following the instructions.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Hello and thanks for the reply. 

Unfortunately I still cannot see a way to turn the domain privacy off. I have gone through the link you suggested and I see contact information for the domain but there is no option anywhere on the page to turn it off. 

Thanks - Andrew

Hi @awilson3rd,

Welcome to the Community,

If you're having trouble removing the privacy from the domain, you may actually have Protected Registration - the next level of protection. If that's the case, you'll need to remove this feature first. (More about Protected Registration here.)

Remove Protected Registration

Remove Privacy

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

Adding some info as I had the same question and phoned support:

If your contact details are within a european country, they automatically get 'Basic Privacy' in the 'Domain Manager' due to GDPR.  This non-paid version is by law so you do not get the 'Remove privacy' option, and it does not block domain transfers.