cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Forbidden You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Hello !

I bought a domain name and I get the following error when I try to open the address.

"You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Apache/2.2.34 Server at _________.com Port 443".I thought that it's ok, I didn't even set up the hosting, it will be ok. But I took a Wordpress Hosting and I did the 1-click install with the default domain name, then I I attached the purchased domain to change the default domain name. But I still have the same error message that appears. I have checked the topic "

Forbidden You don't have permission to access / on this server. Server unable to read htaccess file

" and I tried to modify the .htaccess but nothing has changed. Can you help me please ?

8 REPLIES 8
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Forbidden You don't have permission to access / on this server.

@JoshO 

Would you mind providing your actual domain name so we can run some DNS tests on it? It might be as simple as a DNS issue.

Typically a 403 is some sort of permissions issue but you always want to start with DNS.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

New

The domain name is "hotelilomba.com"

Thank you

Super User III
Super User III

@JoshO 

The only issue I see with the DNS is the IP address seems to be trying to point to two different IP addresses. 

If you just changed the DNS in the last 24-48 hours, it could just be a propagation issue and will correct itself. However, I would give phone support a call regardless and see if they can troubleshoot further with the tools at their disposal.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

New

@MrVapor 

How can I have the static address of the server to configure a type A record for the DNS?

The current value for the A type record is 160.153.138.53 for @ as name

Thank you

New

I checked in my settings and it's the correct ip address for my server. I have no idea what could be causing this problem.

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@JoshO 

It may be a parent server permissions issue. I would suggest contacting support, either via phone or live chat, for further assistance as the volunteers on this board don't have access to the backend of GoDaddy's servers.

Good luck!

New

@MrVapor 

I came to the same conclusion, I'll contact the support as soon as possible.

Thank you for you help.

Best regards

Super User III
Super User III

@JoshO 

You're more than welcome!