cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GlitterEyez
Novice

GoDaddy Sub-Domain DNS setup

I have been having quite a headache trying to figure this out. Watched videos and have read some info but I guess it is just too confusing or was not what I was looking for. My question/dilemma is:

I have bought a domain with GoDaddy and want to get my subdomain, which is hosted within my main domain from Surpass Hosting. I had it redirecting to the subdomain but that is not what I wanted. I would like to know how I can get things working properly, so that when typing in my (new) domain, it shows my subdomain with its new URL. 

Hope I made sense ;-] 

1 REPLY 1

Re: GoDad Domain setup @ ...

@GlitterEyez wrote:

I have been having quite a headache trying to figure this out. Watched videos and have read some info but I guess it is just too confusing or was not what I was looking for. My question/dilemma is:

I have bought a domain with GoDaddy and want to get my subdomain, which is hosted within my main domain from Surpass Hosting. I had it redirecting to the subdomain but that is not what I wanted. I would like to know how I can get things working properly, so that when typing in my (new) domain, it shows my subdomain with its new URL. 

Hope I made sense ;-] 

Hi there,

What I am hearing is, you have newsite.com . You want oldname.com/subdomain to read as newsite.com/subdomain.......

You could mask the oldname.com/subdomain - though that does not sound like what you want. Backup everything you have at oldname.com/subdomain. If there is a database dont forget to back that up as well. Bring that over to your newsite.com/subdomain. Not as quick as it takes me to type that ......

After making the newsite.com/subdomain install the backups, everything works you can dump oldname.com at the other place, if you are not going to use it why pay for it..... everything will work as newsite.com/subdomain for that is really is where it lives.

Someone else may jump in with another idea ...... hope this helps

Mrsroadrunner Photography