Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Helping A Newbie With Pointing a Domain to GoDaddy

I have a domain registered with Wix.com and I cannot transfer it to GoDaddy quite yet. (where my website is now located) I am looking for some redirect instructions to add the records needed to my DNS Manager at Wix so that it points to GoDaddy.  I have read both the GoDaddy & Wix documentation on this and I am still struggling to understand what is needed.  -Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PL281
Super User IV

@7SlotCollectbls 

So the domain is using the Wix DNS but you are hosting the new site at GoDaddy.

You would go into Wix - Then goto domains (under the account menu on the right top corner) then select your domain and then goto advanced and then edit DNS and you can put in the GoDaddy IP address of your server

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PL281
Super User IV

@7SlotCollectbls 

So the domain is using the Wix DNS but you are hosting the new site at GoDaddy.

You would go into Wix - Then goto domains (under the account menu on the right top corner) then select your domain and then goto advanced and then edit DNS and you can put in the GoDaddy IP address of your server

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post