Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
calyxrp
New

Hiding Certain Who.Is information as a non-trading individual

After using Who.Is to look at similar domains to mine, I have noticed many if not all were able to hide their address and other information excluding names due to the following:

"The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their
address omitted from the WHOIS service."

As I fall under this category how would I go about getting certain information also hidden from Who.Is?

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Not applicable

Hi @calyxrp,

Only domain name holders who are "non-trading individuals" can opt out of having their address details published on the WHOIS. In other words, if the registrant is not a business or organisation and – in the case of domain names registered to individuals – you do not use or plan to use your domain name for business, trade (such as pay-per-click advertising, etc.) or professional transactions, you may opt out of having your address display.

(src guardian news)

Woe anyone who get's reported for actually being a for profit website. Yes, blog sites count as for profit  due to advertisements either direct, or indirect (naming and reviewing products). It's in an effort to clamp down on internet scams and tax dodging I suppose. Nothing to hide, nothing to fear. Nothing to do with me either, so don't shoot the messenger!