cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager

How do I update my domain's IP address?

I need to update my domain's IP address and am not sure how to do it. Would appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks!

Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
3 REPLIES 3
Super User III

It sounds like you have the proper information from your web host, you'll just need to input them into the DNS manager.  Here is an article that should help:

Manage DNS for Your Domain Names

One of the considerations in updating your domain's IP address is whether it needs to be on the C record or the A record.  For example, if you have a manged wp hosting, an IP address is provided when you create the installation and you only change your A record. 

A second example would be hosting on a cloud server provided a hosting company other than GoDaddy.  Many of these installations, require the IP address to be changed on the C record.  In this case, you'll need to make sure that all of your MX records which control your email services are properly configured.  In cases where C record changes are required, I highly suggest calling support to walk you through the process.  Its much more detailed than an A record update.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites
Employee

Here's an article that describes how to edit your IP address,

Change my IP address