cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does domain privacy cost extra?

I'm just wondering why it doesn't come standard and customers have to pay extra to protect their privacy.

5 REPLIES 5
Retired
Not applicable

Hi @spacehunter,

The same reason a free fried haddock and sausage  doesn't come with every bag of chips for £1.20 and if it did then the bag of chips would cost £6!!

Next............... Smiley Happy.

^

Because without the fried haddock and sausage, your chips would be poisoning? I don't really see any equivalency there. Smiley LOL

I've been getting swarms of spam texts/emails since I bought a .com domain at GoDaddy. I've changed the email address/phone number associated with that domain to ones that rarely use but it didn't help at all. The funny part is godaddy still recommended adding privacy protection, knowing that it wouldn't help with the situation because my information has already been saved by who knows how many spammers.

Retired
Not applicable

@spacehunter,

@spacehunter wrote:

^

Because without the fried haddock and sausage, your chips would be poisoning? I don't really see any equivalency there. Smiley LOL

I've been getting swarms of spam texts/emails since I bought a .com domain at GoDaddy. I've changed the email address/phone number associated with that domain to ones that rarely use but it didn't help at all. The funny part is godaddy still recommended adding privacy protection, knowing that it wouldn't help with the situation because my information has already been saved by who knows how many spammers.

So you always go around expecting more service for a flat rate? You must be a lot of fun to do business with...... 

I think you see why my answer to your original question was indeed expedient and concise.

There are filters you can add to email and call screening you can add to phone lines. I have both! 

I usually don't have to bother with privacy then.

And last line of defence against angry-looking-to-pick-a-fight forum members (who nearly always just registered) is ........................ 

Wait, who is the "angry-looking-to-pick-a-fight" one here? Ironically, it wasn't me who shrugged off a serious question with a sassy response and continued to judge the questioner afterwards.

No, I don't go around expecting more services for a flat rate, given the services that come with the base rate would not put me in any sort of jeopardy. You don't have to pay extra just to make sure that the rope you use for bungee jumping doesn't break halfway.

Retired
Not applicable