cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

purchased domain transfer on hold

Hi,

I recently purchased a domain through Godaddy bidding, paid up, but now the status of the transfer says it is paused. Navigating to the "Pending Transfers" area, I get a pop-up message saying "Transfer Paused", and recommended action: "To proceed with this transfer you need to turn off privacy and verify your email address. Once this is complete, restart transfer."

How can I do this if it hasn't been transferred to my account yet? It's been more than a week since the purchase and the status hasn't changed. Online chat help told me to sit tight, no action required by me, but this is not what the message is telling me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Rockstar II
Rockstar II

Re: purchased domain transfer on hold

@NickP wrote:

Hi,

I recently purchased a domain through Godaddy bidding, paid up, but now the status of the transfer says it is paused. Navigating to the "Pending Transfers" area, I get a pop-up message saying "Transfer Paused", and recommended action: "To proceed with this transfer you need to turn off privacy and verify your email address. Once this is complete, restart transfer."

How can I do this if it hasn't been transferred to my account yet? It's been more than a week since the purchase and the status hasn't changed. Online chat help told me to sit tight, no action required by me, but this is not what the message is telling me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

@NickP Seems like you purchased the domain name from a private seller. In this case, Godaddy will verify the funds, typically this takes 7 days, then the transfer will automatically proceed.

----

New

That seems to make sense, but right after I read your response I received the email below. I am not able to change the email they are referring to, which I assume is the privacy protection service of the previous owner. I am assuming this has to be changed by the previous owner, right? And hopefully the previous owner is receiving the same email? 

>>>>>

An Important Notice Regarding Your Transfer

To complete your domain transfer request, we need approval of the current administrative contact.

We've sent an approval request to domadmin@privateregistrations.ws. If you believe the email address is incorrect, you must update it with your current registrar.

Need assistance locating your current registrar?

Domain name(s) associated with this transfer:

xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com

If you update the administrative email address at your current registrar, please restart this transfer.

To restart the transfer:

1. Go to the GoDaddy home page and click Sign In. Log in with your username or customer number and password.
  2. Next to Domains, click Manage.
  3. From the Domains menu, select Transfers.
  4. Select the domain name(s), and then click Restart Transfer.

>>>>>> 

BTW, the software used for this community/forum kinda sucks (not you, the members of this forum, you guys are great!). Tried loading a screen shot of the email and it just won't let me. 

I'm stuck in this same boat. How did it play out for you?