cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
JarvisB
Novice

Can't Create Free Email Account

I just bought Domain and Hosting and trying to setup the email account. Since I am new to GoDaddy and web developing, I follow this FAQ Workspace Email Help . But it keep telling me "There are no available accounts to apply to this credit.". Please tell me how do I proceed

40 REPLIES

Re: Can't Create Free Email Account

Hey @JarvisB,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

Sounds like you're encountering an account specific issue preventing setup of your free email credits provided with your hosting plan. Because this is a public discussion forum, you'll want to reach out to our live support team via phone or chat so they can help investigate the cause of this issue and help you get it corrected. 

Let us know how it goes. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
sandramore
Novice

I've a question similar to Jarvis. I currently have a domain through GoDaddy and have a free Workspace email that comes with it. 

I'm about to purchase another domain and WordPress hosting. It talks about Office email that's free for a year then I need to purchase. Does this mean that a free Workspace email no longer comes with the domain and hosting?

Solution

Hey @sandramore,

To clarify Workspace mail was never included with Managed WordPress plans. Only our shared hosting plans currently offer free Workspace mail credits. Believe I addressed a similar question from you here

JAnderson
Novice

I have a domain purchased back in 2010 that came with a free email account.  I purchased another in April of this year (2016) ... Today I decided to finally set up the email but to my surprise there wasn't an option for this like with my previous domain.  I called tech support and inquired about this ... I was told that back in August 2013 they stopped including free email accounts with the domains.  So any domains purchased after August 2013, you now have to purchase this service at an additional cost.  You can pay monthly or yearly.  Lovely right?

JAnderson
Novice

JAnderson
Novice

tfletcher
Novice

I had the same problem, until I realized that Workspace email is not what was included in my hosting plan. I went to my CPanel and was able to set up several free email accounts there.

Hi,

I recently bought a domain name.

While trying to create an email account, it did not show any.

Do I get any free email account or do I have to purchase email accounts with a monthly charge ?

Please help.

Regards

Pro Community Founder Accomplished Pro Community Founder Accomplished
Pro Community Founder Accomplished

Did you buy any hosting plan with your domain?

How are you trying to create the email?

The domain would need to be hosted, for starters. The DNS zone file may need to be created for emails.

~ eVersatile
Lalo
Skilled
Solution

Go daddy doesn't offer free email accounts, but it offers free forwarders.

I will just reply to this, all answer is correct, but I will also ask question guys regarding this email, how can I add profile image to my forwarding email in godaddy? anybody have an idea.Thank you.

Lalo, Go Daddy did offer free emails but stopped this practice (I've been with Go Daddy a LOOONNNGGG time) because selling Office 365 was too lucrative to turn down. I still have some free email accounts from GoDaddy which I hold on to like a hound! They're easy to use and have a myriad of features. Eat your heart out, Go Daddy Bob. Office 365 makes him money, and the true administrator?

Robin Hemingway

K9-503
Novice

Robin - I was just trying to figure out if we can add emails to our existing plan - but are you saying they don't do emails at all anymore or just not free ones?  And if I understand your email, if we keep our plan 'AS-IS', we can keep the existing emails we use?  But if we change, we could lose them?

I have been having issues with go-daddy's emails (losing my contacts only to find them if I go flip back & forth from classic view, as well as just not being able to log on every time).  Is that why?

Thanks!

Sharolyn

Iceland121
Novice

I can't create emails either, whenever I try I get a red circle with line not allowing me to choose the email option.

brt
Novice

Iceland121 wrote:

I can't create emails either, whenever I try I get a red circle with line not allowing me to choose the email option.

Exactly, I'm in the same situation! 

Solution

Hello @brt!

Thank you for posting! You need to have an email plan to create an email address. You can find our available email plans here.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
ramya_1703
Novice

i have purchased windows hosting economy pack which said that i will get 10 free email addresses. but now i am not able to create any and the error i get is "

There are no available accounts to apply to this credit."
What should i do?
nikhaiar
Novice

so seriously - you don't even get an email account with the domain?  Wow....

Hi @ramya_1703

If you purchased a yearly Plesk hosting package you received Workspace email credits. Please follow these instructions .

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
SoCoGal
Novice

so there is no more free forwarding?

Hey @SoCoGal

Email forwarding addresses should still be available for setup with domain name registrations. If you're not showing the credits available for setup in your account, please reach out to our support team so they can help review what happened. 

So if there is free forwarding and a person has not purchased an email account where are the emails from another account being forwarded to? I purchased a domain name. How do I use the free forwarding?

NT2016
Novice

Dear ,

i have purchase window hosting plan .It was understood that package includes free domain and 100 email accounts.After purchase , i was unable to create an email account for the reason shows that there is no credit available .

can anyone guide on the subject issue please.

do i need to purchase another pack for email accounts ?

Hi @Kingdomrealtor

The forwarding email address will be forwarded to your specified existing email address. For example, your @godaddy forwarding address will forward to your @gmail account. 

douraid
Novice

Can't Create forwad

I also can not create an email forwarding.

The forwad icon is deactivated

Hi @NT2016

Check out these instructions on how to create an email address within Plesk. 

chavezgz
Novice

Re: Can't Create forwad

I created a forwarding email with my domain name to one of my existing icloud emails. The forwarding works flawlessly. However, when I hit reply from my icloud email, I am trying to change the email address that it shows to the people I am replying to so it will look as if I'm replying from my domain email. Is that possible to change what email address is showing on the iPhone? I've tried several different ways but can't seem to figure it out. Or do I need to purchase an actual email account from Go Daddy and then just forward to my icloud account?

VegasChris
Novice

A la carte services are fine but...

It's just plain CHEAP to not include one lousy Regular email account with the purchase of a new domain. I guess I was lucky to get one with my .US domain years ago. In fact, the last .COM domain I had (which I allowed to expire) also came with one Regular email account. I suppose this is what happens once you go public. Just gotta love greed!

The search is on for a hosting service that isn't going to charge me $5/month over something that should be included! My next domain will be purchased elsewhere. You aren't the only game in town! And please spare me the junk about the direction of the industry! I've been in the computer biz longer than this company has been in existence!

flighty
Novice

Re: A la carte services are fine but...

I've been using GoDaddy for quite a few years, started with one domain then added another, both had an email acct. Later I let the original domain go, but still been using the second for a number of years. Today I bought a new domain for a new project, tried to set email through Outlook and BAM! I've just found out reading through this discussions that they no longer offer that basic email; I did not know that! I'm not planning on paying any monthly services for something I've had available for years with my other domain. I should've done more research, guess that was too naive thinking (or not) that everything was the same...

Sondos
Novice

Hi 

I Can't Create Free Email Account even in my page written manage email when i try to create it written contact support , how i can create email@domain name.com

SnowLady
Novice

Re: A la carte services are fine but...

Wow! I'm in the same boat, too! I've been with godaddy.com since 2007. Over the years I've bought several domains (although I didn't develop websites for them.) Some were just forwarding to my main website. But having the domains meant I could have an additional email for the others who worked with me. So when I bought another domain last year I didn't even think it would be an issue! I just knew that you get 1 free email with the domain. I guess that means paying $4.99 (or thereabouts) for a domain is worthless if you have to pay an additional $$ for the email!

I haven't set up the website yet but I want to do that soon. Makes me think twice about the hosting plan. Time to start the search all over. Smiley Frustrated

DKRS
Novice

Isn't it amazing? In this time and age you can't get even the basic business email for free! 

I just purchased the domain with basic hosting plan and I'm speechless as I thought email was included, as with other hosting providers, like Wix, etc. I wouldn't even question it from the beginning. 

mrchubner
Novice

hahaha! Exactly. I've been with GoDaddy on some of my domains since the beginning. And I can tell you first hand, that GoDaddy used to be great... Then they became a hype.. Now they're just a habit...... A bad one.

Can't set up free email forwarding

I've owned multiple domains with GoDaddy. I've always had free email forwarding and was always able to set it up with no issues. I bought a domain a few days ago and I can't seem to figure out how to set up the email forwarding. I'm using GoDaddy for the first time in about a year and the updates are completely throwing me off. Everything I try seems to just direct me back to buying a professional email subscription. Does GoDaddy no longer offer the free email forwarding service? Or am I just doing everything wrong?

Thanks in advance!

tinadulay
Novice

I purchased the domains with free emails available.. that is why I thought it was awesome to use them. Now I have to pay more.. they told me that customers were complaining because it was not working with the new Apple laptops and new Microsoft.. but I used to help manage my colleague's email just last year that I helped set up through GoDaddy and it still works perfectly fine. Shouldn't we at least be given the option to try and use it since we were told that was a part of what we paid for? Frustrating.

Rascimisbad
Novice

Re: Can't set up free email forwarding

I can' wait until you get an answer on this one. I've been looking all night for a resolution to this problem. It used to be so user friendly. 

idontknow7
Novice

Re: Can't set up free email forwarding

I am having the same problem. They try to make it hard so you'll buy their paid email. 

ChrisAR
Novice

Same issue, I've been overpaying GD (hm, think about what those initials could stand for) for YEARS. I bought a new domain and HOST with them on cPanel and I can't have a single free email address? Only the one associated with an old subdomain that I don't want to use. What a frigging ripoff.

This is going to be the final straw in switching to another hosting provider. GD is overpriced, you have to pay tolls to call support, and online support is not 24/7. Thanks, GoDaddy, your greed is going to lose you another customer.

Vidgamer
Novice

Am I grandfathered-in?  I have had a domain account for many years with GoDaddy, and recently switched hosting plans, and all of my e-mail accounts went away except for the main one.  I had to go to the My Products page where I had another Email credit and re-setup the extra e-mail accounts, but I think I'm back where I wanted to be.  Anyways, it wasn't obvious what I had to do, so I thought I'd suggest checking My Products, at least if you've been with GoDaddy for a while.

Meanwhile, the new site is faster, and while I still need to make some adjustments to get everything working, pretty happy with the hosting and emails, and got decent pricing.  YMMV.

ChrisAR
Novice

I think you are grandfathered. I have an old domain for which I have a free email address, but it is for a personal site, I wouldn't want to use that address for people contacting me for work.

I bought a new domain and hosting plan earlier this year, and the only email plan I can see is setting up Office 365, which I DO NOT want because I don't use Office, I need to get my mail through Gmail, and I don't want something that GoDaddy is going to start charging me for.

I want a free Workspace email address for the new domain/hosting plan. I don't see anywhere where I have an email credit. Every time I try to create an email account, I get shunted to Office 365.