Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Jim66
New

Can't see my Office 365 emai aliases anymore

I have about 100 aliases for one of my Office 365 email accounts, and they are working (email sent to an alias is correctly forwarded to the account). Until today, I was able to manage those aliases (view, add, delete), but today the Manage page says I have no aliases. I'm glad they are at least working so my clients can still email me using those addresses, but I'm pretty unhappy that I can no longer manage them. Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GDC_User
Helper I

[*Edited with corrected information. Solution included]

The same thing happened to me today, but worse -- the aliases don't seem to work. (the aliases still work, forwarding was delayed when I had initially tested the old aliases).  And I get error messages that prevent me from adding back any aliases.  I am currently on the phone with tech "support", and they the first level of tech support personnel have no ability to fix anything -- i.e., all of my aliases are lost.

If your aliases are important, I advise creating a back-up of the list of aliases, and periodically checking if they work.

Personally, I am moving to a different email hosting provider immediately!  

UPDATE:

After another hour on the phone, in which the "back end" tech support department finally became involved, I was given a work-around, which may be helpful to others experiencing vanished aliases:

• Log in at outlook.office.com/ecp/ (or log in to your email account and then navigate to this link -- it will use your email login credentials).
  • Click "recipients" in the left-hand navigation menu.
  • Select the "mailboxes" tab in the middle panel.
  • Select the email account from the displayed list, then click the Pencil ("Edit") icon.
  • Select "email address" in the left-hand navigation menu within the edit window; you should now see a list of your aliases.
  • To add a new alias, click the "+" icon, and select "SMTP", then add the alias address (including the domain name) in the "Email address" field, and click OK.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GDC_User
Helper I

[*Edited with corrected information. Solution included]

The same thing happened to me today, but worse -- the aliases don't seem to work. (the aliases still work, forwarding was delayed when I had initially tested the old aliases).  And I get error messages that prevent me from adding back any aliases.  I am currently on the phone with tech "support", and they the first level of tech support personnel have no ability to fix anything -- i.e., all of my aliases are lost.

If your aliases are important, I advise creating a back-up of the list of aliases, and periodically checking if they work.

Personally, I am moving to a different email hosting provider immediately!  

UPDATE:

After another hour on the phone, in which the "back end" tech support department finally became involved, I was given a work-around, which may be helpful to others experiencing vanished aliases:

• Log in at outlook.office.com/ecp/ (or log in to your email account and then navigate to this link -- it will use your email login credentials).
  • Click "recipients" in the left-hand navigation menu.
  • Select the "mailboxes" tab in the middle panel.
  • Select the email account from the displayed list, then click the Pencil ("Edit") icon.
  • Select "email address" in the left-hand navigation menu within the edit window; you should now see a list of your aliases.
  • To add a new alias, click the "+" icon, and select "SMTP", then add the alias address (including the domain name) in the "Email address" field, and click OK.

View solution in original post