cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Office Business Premium Account (ordered directly from Microsoft) to godaddy domain account

I have an Office 365 Business account ordered directly from Microsoft. I also have a GoDaddy domain as well as an business email account (10 mailboxes, unlimited mailbox size) from GoDaddy.

In Office 365, there's a setting so that I can have my users use Outlook from Office 365 with the GoDaddy domain. This means that they can send/receive emails from the Office 365 (Microsoft) login - which, incidentally, also uses the email accounts (for login) from GoDaddy.

One login to Office 365 and they can manage document sharing as well as messaging.

However, in the configuration for GoDaddy domain management in Office 365, it's indicated that mailbox sizes are limited to 50 GB. Clearly this won't work. I just want to confirm that the domain management offering from Microsoft Office 365 for Business is not replacing the business email that I have with GoDaddy. 

Not sure that this is entirely coherent, but the main question is really what will happen when I configure Outlook/Exchange in Office 365 for Business (Microsoft) with my GoDaddy domain.

Thanks,

Tony.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Linking Office Business Premium Account (ordered directly from Microsoft) to godaddy domain acco

@tonymathenge 

Anything directly from Office365 is a completely separate product than what you may get at GoDaddy, even the version that they offer. However, you can use it with no issue. You just have to update your MX records in your DNS zone file and you should be good to go. You cannot, however, use both email products on the same domain.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Re: Linking Office Business Premium Account (ordered directly from Microsoft) to godaddy domain acco

Thanks for the response. That’s what I wanted to know. If I use the Microsoft product with my GoDaddy domain, I lose out on my unlimited mailbox that I have with the GoDaddy premium email. So I’ll keep using the GoDaddy email.

The main reason for asking that question was due to the fact that Microsoft’s Office 365 Business comes with a lot of other products, while GoDaddy’s premium email is just that - email. The Calendar is a separate purchase. And the GoDaddy Office 365 is slightly more expensive than the Microsoft Business product.

Thanks for the response, that was what I needed to know.