cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Your message couldn't be delivered to X because the remote server is misconfigured.

Hello. So, I forwarded the email xxxxx@yyyyyy.com to my G-Mail, and now using the service SMTP2GO I'm trying to send email thru the email I forwarded to my G-Mail. Now to do that, I need to verify using a code that will be sent to the email I forwarded to my Gmail. But, then when I want it to send the email it gives me the message from the Mail Delivery System: "Your message couldn't be delivered to xxx@yyy.com because the remote server is misconfigured. See technical details below for more information. 

The response from the remote server was:

550 5.4.1 [xxx@yyy.com]: Recipient address rejected: Access denied [BY2NAM03FT023.eop-NAM03.prod.protection.outlook.com]"

This only happens when I want to get the google confirmation code, but I can send an email to the email from another account and it will forward just fine. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Your message couldn't be delivered to X because the remote server is misconfigured.

Hi @AidenRouhani. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! This is a bit confusing. Our forwarding email service is part of our Workspace Email environment. However, the bounceback you've received seems to indicate it's trying to deliver to a Microsoft Outlook server. It could be that your domain is configured with DNS pointing to both systems. If that is the case, then some email will go to the Workspace Email servers and others will go to the Outlook servers. I'd double check to make sure your domain has the right DNS to use Workspace Email. Please keep in mind that you wouldn't be able to use your domain with our email forwarding and another email service simultaneously. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

Remote server is misconfigured.

Hi;

I have a problem sending and receiving emails. 

My emails going to Outlook servers.

My question is

how to change from Outlook servers to Workspace Email ?

Solution

Re: Remote server is misconfigured.

Hi @yeayea,

Welcome to the Community!

Workspace email is available through some hosting plans or with the help of our customer support team. If you are using an Office 365 plan, you can back up any email you have received through the Outlook software. If you already have a workspace email plan, but want to use Outlook to receive and send email, you can setup your Outlook software here. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support