cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

My WordPress Admin Page is Extremely Slow using Deluxe Windows Hosting with Plesk

So I have Deluxe Windows Hosting with Plesk and my WordPress website is just extremely slow. It's not just the actual website but the WP Admin page. If I select anything in there (Posts > Add New, for example), I'll be waiting ~30 seconds just for it to load. Do you guys know why this is happening? Forget about it loading pictures..

I installed and activated W3 Total Cache as well as WP Fastest Cache and WP Super Cache and none of them actually help.

Thanks!

Edit: Website is www.Semedar.com

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Former Employee
Solution

Re: Extremely Slow

@Semedar slowness is a combination of ram/ resources vs quality of content

https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.semedar.com/3TOrojT2
Follow the recommendations.
https://www.webpagetest.org/result/171102_8P_7a012448f8083a5e60285388ee8bf0e1/1/breakdown/

it's the content itself, it may need optimization still. or upgrade resources from godaddy 

-joven

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Former Employee
Solution

@Semedar slowness is a combination of ram/ resources vs quality of content

https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.semedar.com/3TOrojT2
Follow the recommendations.
https://www.webpagetest.org/result/171102_8P_7a012448f8083a5e60285388ee8bf0e1/1/breakdown/

it's the content itself, it may need optimization still. or upgrade resources from godaddy 

-joven

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I have a plesk based windows hosting and have a deluxe package. I hosted a simple wordpress web site and it takes too long to load. I used GTMetrix to test speed and found that the initial wait time is 12 to 14 seconds. I have another CPanel based linux hosting and it hosts the same site and there the wait time is just 2 to 3 seconds. Even If I remove everything and put a simple html page with one line of text in it, that also takes too long to load. Can anyone help, I fear it is the windows IIS based hosting that is very slow.

Highlighted
New

I recently purchased a new domain from GoDaddy.  I've created a single-page storefront on that domain. I'm running on a Plesk server, using MS MVC-5 to build the web app.  I've noticed a lot of comments about slow response time, but no one has given the correct answer.

The problem is that upon first load, it takes 12 to 15 seconds to load the page.  In fact, when a potential buyer hits the "Buy Now" button, a new View page is loaded, with barely anything there.  If I wait 15 minutes, and then hit refresh, the 12 to 15 seconds page load time happens again.

Otherwise, page loads are easily less than one second.

As a master programmer/application developer, having written app's for the past 35 years, and also as someone who is heavily involved with development on the Microsoft Azure platform, I know EXACTLY what is going on.

As much as "support" at GoDaddy tries to convince us that we should run tests and "optimize" our sites, the real issue is that the GoDaddy servers are "going to sleep".  Yes, that's right.  They are simply going to sleep.  If not used for a period of time, say 15 minutes, then they shut down.  Thus, the initial reload time of 12 to 15 seconds to start back up.

I wish this weren't so, because I fear I'm going to have to move my storefront to Azure (nothing wrong with Azure, but GoDaddy I thought was a simple alternative where I could create my storefront).

And I've got everything working perfectly, even a new EV SSL for my site at GoDaddy.

But I cannot stand to think that my potential customers will be waiting 15 seconds for a simple purchase page to load!

GoDaddy should be honest and admit that they have set the servers to sleep, and as far as I can tell, there is no "Always On" switch that I can set in Plesk Admin, like there is in my Azure web app portal.  That's right, I can switch to "Always On", in my Azure web app.  That's why I know this is the same exact issue that occurs in Azure if you don't have it set to "Always On".

Now, based on what I've seen posted (quite a bit I might add), I would hope that GoDaddy gets with the program and allows users to go into their Plesk Admin account and flip the "Always On" switch.

And, no, my Azure account is NOT a dedicated server.

If I'm wrong, please inform me of how/why.  Thank you.  Because I really hope that I'm wrong, and that we can all alleviate the initial startup time issue.  Thanks again.

Highlighted

I am facing exactly the same issue. Fresh new account, fresh new installed wordpress but extremely slow response time. Not only the wordpress, the plesk itself is slow and  takes 20+ secs to load. Every single action on page takes 10+ secs.  I don't think this is acceptable. I wish GoDaddy can take a look at this issue. 

Highlighted

I am also facing same problem and go daddy is not helpful at all and implying its our site's problem really hating this situation right now did anyone able to solve this problem? 

Highlighted

Same here very slow.