Have an account? Sign in now.
New to GoDaddy? Create an account to get started today.
I have a client with an Exchange Server. We currently have a Standard UCC SSL Certificate (up to 10) for that. It includes the following (client name removed):
Subject Alternative Names (SANs)
Upon further review of the Microsoft documentation, I think they only need the following for Exchange 2013 to work
The reason I state this is the client has a web site hosted on a different server. So, I would like to create a SSL for that server using
I think the steps are
1. Confirm that removing www.client.org and client.org from the SSL purchased for Exchange will not impact Exchange operations.
2. Remove www.client.org and client.org from the SSL.
3. Revoke the SSL for Exchange.
4. Issue a reworked SSL for Exchange
5. Purchase a second SSL with www.client.org and client.org for the web site
6. Issue the SSL for the Web Site
1. Is my understanding correct in that I can remove www.client.org and client.org from the SSL for Exchange and Exchange will still work?
2. Are the steps laid out a reasonable approach?
Copyright © 1999 - 2021 GoDaddy Operating Company, LLC. All Rights Reserved.