cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Smartline mobile app needs improvment--block phone numbers and save contacts

I wish you could block phone numbers and save contacts from the app. Pain having to go back online to block numbers. Not being able to just click and save contacts is a pain as well.

12 REPLIES 12
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Smartline mobile app needs improvment.

Hey @Fletcher2577. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! You'll be happy to know that both of your suggestions are things we're planning on adding to the app already. Maybe as early as the end of the year. Thanks for the feedback! 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

Under settings it shows that I can view a list of blocked numbers I have.
But when I get a solicitation call it does not allow me to block it under edit?
How do I block numbers then?

Improvements & New Features

Smart Line could do some improving! Hold music should be added. It is a business line, it should help ones business look like a big company and not a one person business. I would like it to be professional, and it would help keep the callers engaged.
New

OK Jesse W,
The end of the year is passed. Why are we STILL not able to block calls from the app?
What about clicking on a phone number and then adding it to the contacts? Where is that feature?
Also another guy asked about music on hold. How is that coming along. So far this is kind of a lame app. (Someone didn’t really think it through it appears.)
Please advise.
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @tmrva,

Please make sure you have the latest version of the Smartline app. You can now block numbers from within the SmartLine app on Android via the  "Blocked Numbers" section under general settings. We're hoping to have this feature added to iOS soon.

In the meantime, you can still block numbers via the web app by logging in to your GoDaddy account, going to my products, click manage next to your SmartLine number, then click setup in the top navigation to get to the blocked numbers page.

As for adding numbers to your contacts, you can now do that, too! Within a message thread, click on the contact icon in the upper right corner to create a new contact or add the number to an existing contact.

@HBOwner, in what situations do you require hold music? Please let us know as this will help our team develop this and other features. As always, thank you for the feedback.

New

I have IOS. So I guess I’ll have to wait. Not going thru that procedure you posted to block every Bad call I get. That is too time consuming.

I have so many solicitation calls daily, it makes my head spin.

i find it interesting that thru this app, it seems to disconnect before I can answer. Like it know it is a solicitation call. How does it know that? Thankful for that at least.

Anyway. Thank you for the update.

Employee
Employee

@Berry1

Sometimes spam callers are known to disconnect if a call is not answered by a certain amount of rings.  So you may be experiencing that.  One alternative is that if you're not attached to your current SmartLine number, you can purchase another SmartLine subscription for a new number.  Check for a couple of weeks if that new number receives spam calls.  If not, cancel your old subscription and enjoy your new number.  All new SmartLine subscriptions come with 1 month free so you have some time to test out the new number.

I hope this helps.  Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Helen

Re: Improvements & New Features

Amen. We need hold music. Especially paying for a service.

Re: Improvements & New Features

When we are on a call and it goes to a voicemail sounds unprofessional should say please hold and a representative will be with you shortly.
Employee
Employee
Solution

@Fletcher2577

We're happy to let you know that we released an update to the SmartLine iOS app (v3.1.0) that now allows you to easily block a number.  Just swipe left on a conversation to Block!

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Helen

New

Thank you added the blocking feature! 

That is great news!

Supper