cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Lack of help from the help desk

I feel like I wasted hours dealing with 4 different agents yesterday and a 5th agent today.  The first 2 agent did try to help but after messaging back and forth I got booted out of the conversation box when trying to access links they sent meaning to had to restart the conversation over again.  The 3rd agent I spoke to said a solution was possible if I hired a developer but I am explained I went with the word press site because funds are limited and I was told by agent when purchased my site said this choice was user friendly for those who didn’t know how to code or could pay for a developer.  The 3rd agent basically said other then paying a developer to do the coding my only option was to search help forums.  After trying to do this with no success I started another conversation with a 4th agent who actually did try to help me for over an hour even trying to the option from his end but was running into the same problem so he started a case # with tech support and said o would hear back in an hour.  Well that didn’t happen so I when I woke back up this morning the 5th agent told me that I wouldn’t hear from tech support for 72 hours because it was a coding problem.  Again he said to seek a developer and when I explained that I chose this website option based on the recommendation that it was user friendly and didn’t require use of a developer.  When asked what other options their were that are user friendly I was given the option a 30 day free trial.  After going back and forth telling the agent my frustrations with the service I had his only response was either hire a developer or wait 72 hours.  When I asked about what 30 day free trial to the other website I asked what the comparisons were and I got no where.  When I asked about what kind of deals or promos were available I was pretty much told I could get refund.  I thought it was very rude of him and I let him know that I could not ever recommend godaddy to anyone else if this is was what people could expect for customer service 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Super User IV

@chirpymcgee 

Sorry to hear of the back and forth you are having with WordPress / GoDaddy support. I will say that generally speaking GoDaddy support doesn't typically provide support for plugin / theme  / content related items, but rather system related issues. That is unless you pay for the professional services.

That all being said - can you describe the issue(s) you are facing / looking to accomplish with WordPress so we in the community maybe able to better advise you as to a solution or options.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

@chirpymcgee 

If you goto Appearance -> Widgets you should be able to add it to the sidebar area

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

12 REPLIES 12

@chirpymcgee 

Can you describe what you need help with?  If it is not about billing or your GoDaddy account specifics, rather products and how to use them, one of the friendly members here the community may be able to help! 😉

Judith
"You have to be odd to be number one." Dr. Seuss

There is another post I posted, my initial question to the help desk was about adding multiple page to my blog and the first 2 agents

said it was possible but after clicking on the links sent I was booted out of the conversation windows.  The 3rd agent said it was as doable only with a web developer and I when I said i don’t have or can afford one which was a why I went with this option cause I was told I didn’t need the use of a developer his only suggestion was to use google.  After attempts to search on my own I start a conversation with a 4th agent who this time tried to walk me through but even on his end he was having the same problems I was so he created a case number and said I would hear back in a hour.  I didn’t so I started up a 5 conversation with a 5th agent who said it was a coding problem and I would need a developer:  when I explained this he said I would have to wait 72 hours to hear from tech support.  When I said I chose this website option because I was told a developer wasn’t needed he said I don’t know why they suggested this.  The only other option he gave was a 30 day trial to a different Website builder, when I asked what the benefits were to me switch since I already paid for a year he response was I could get a refund 

Super User IV

@chirpymcgee 

Sorry to hear of the back and forth you are having with WordPress / GoDaddy support. I will say that generally speaking GoDaddy support doesn't typically provide support for plugin / theme  / content related items, but rather system related issues. That is unless you pay for the professional services.

That all being said - can you describe the issue(s) you are facing / looking to accomplish with WordPress so we in the community maybe able to better advise you as to a solution or options.

My biggest frustration was 3 out 5 of them said it was possible the other 2 were just rude and gave no help in sending me in the right direction, they just said ask google.  I am trying to add multiple pages to my blog so that I organize them better as I continue to add more blogs.  When I tried to express my frustration the only offer I got from the last agent was a refund 

@chirpymcgee 

When you say add multiple pages - as in to filter by category or just that you limit how many entries per page??

What is your URL and what theme are you using?

I want to make it easier for people to go through my blogs as I continue to add more.  For just seeing my site for the first tine I don’t them to have scroll through all the blogs to start back at the beginning.  For example I am ready to post my next blog but I want to create page where I will post all of August’a post and the same as each new month comes along

@chirpymcgee 

So WordPress by default has a built in archive function that does exactly that.

Depending on your theme / site configuration you can have the "Home page" a static page / welcome message or you can have it be your latest post.

There are widgets you can configure which will show links to the archive.

If you use a premium theme / visual composer there are often elements you can place into the layout that allow you to do more customization / filtering of the posts

I have a static welcome page and the menu options for my blog which currently has blogs from June and July which is fine as it is.  I want to be able add a page where I post the blogs I write and post in August and then add pages as each new month happens

@chirpymcgee 

My recommendation is to add the Archive Widget to the sidebar which will do this dynamically for you.

How do I add this widget

@chirpymcgee 

If you goto Appearance -> Widgets you should be able to add it to the sidebar area