Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, August 4th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BeaunAce
Getting Started

wOOCOMMERCE SHOPPING CART TAX CALCULATIONS

Hi,

I have built my online store using Wordpress and WooCommernce but am struggling with one area.

In my store each item has a tagline saying its inclusive of tax (GST) but when you get to the checkout where I have programmed it to show the tax amount included (10%) its not showing 10% its showing as $0.00. I tried to upload a screen shot of this but the photo uploader isn't working on here.

I have checked the tax settings under the WooCommerce tab in the WordPress dashboard but everything appears to be correct in there and I have tried changing the settings and nothing changes the spot which says ($0.00 tax included). I wold be happy to it not to list the tax amount as long as it still says GST inclusive next to every product. I just don't know how to edit this particular setting.

Any help you can offer will be appreciated.

Thanks

Samii

3 REPLIES 3
Adrian8
Helper VI

Hello @BeaunAce

Try to set default customer location to shop base and try in new browser logged out (the solution presented is from here).

Also this link may be useful.

Good luck.

🙂

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.

Hi @Adrian8

Thanks for much for your reply, I checked my settings and I already have set the default customer location to shop base. I tried it in new browser logged out but nothing changed. I read the article you linked and also watched the video but neither address the issue for me.

Any other ideas? I am really stuck.

Cheers

BeaunAce

Hello @BeaunAce

There are quite a few results on Google about taxes on WooCommerce, so I don't know what to suggest you.

I saw that someone solved the problem by changing the template and someone else discovered that another plugin interfered with WooCommerce and when that plugin was disabled the taxes have been displayed correctly.

I think that your best chances are to open a support ticket on the WooCommerce website.

Good luck.

🙂

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.