Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

I want to buy a server, but I want to ask about three things

I want to buy a server, but I want to ask about three things
    the first:
    1- "Unlimited traffic with 1 GB bandwidth", I want to clarify this phrase, meaning that the bandwidth is only 1 GB per month !?
    Or 1 GB bandwidth at the same time ? or what???
    I want to know the monthly bandwidth value ???

2- Also if I want to upgrade some features like ram or cpu can i do that ??? and how will calculate the cost??

3- Is support available at all times or should I subscribe to "Fully Managed Support" ???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Community Manager

Hi @Orman Thanks for posting. I believe what this means is that GoDaddy will not limit the amount of traffic to your server, unless the bandwidth exceeds 1GB. Essentially think of it as a the door into a large store. Only a certain amount of people can enter the store at a same time. In this case, the size of that door is 1GB.

Also, keep in mind that while GoDaddy may not place limits on the traffic, there are physical limits to how much traffic a Dedicated Server can handle, just like there are limits to how many customers can fit inside a store at the same time. 

However, I will double check to make sure this is accurate and not just a typo as @PL281 mentioned. 

EDIT: FWIW I confirmed that this is correct. Our marketing team is looking at changing the description so others won't have the same confusion. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
    Super User IV

@Orman 

1) I believe what you are seeing is 1 GB Ram  - Memory - Not bandwidth

2) You can upgrade to additional memory or CPUs - the cart system will tell you the delta in cost before you check out - but it roughly the prorated amount between the two plans

3) Self Managed vs Fully Managed come down to what you need help & support with - If you need help installing and configuring command line packages vs doing it on your own - that is the difference between the plans. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

AAA.jpg

I MEAN THIS LINE 

@Orman

Can you post a link to where you are seeing that as I can’t find that
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

@Orman 

I finally found that text on the India specific branding of the Dedicated Server Page. I would suggest that it is a typo. 

If I had to guess that is possible referring to 1gb burst caching.  via the US portal (you can change the county in the lower left of the site) it doesn't have that language. 

does this mean bandwidth will be unlimited
    my website will be in Egypt 
    have i change any thing like choose my country or i can buy from here??
    https://ae.godaddy.com/hosting/dedicated-server#fully-managed

@Orman 

You should be fine - You may want to go onto chat just to double check but you should be fine.

I am so sorry that I am constantly asking
    But where can I find support chat because I can only find support phone call

@Orman 

https://www.godaddy.com/help/contact-us

Community Manager

Hi @Orman Thanks for posting. I believe what this means is that GoDaddy will not limit the amount of traffic to your server, unless the bandwidth exceeds 1GB. Essentially think of it as a the door into a large store. Only a certain amount of people can enter the store at a same time. In this case, the size of that door is 1GB.

Also, keep in mind that while GoDaddy may not place limits on the traffic, there are physical limits to how much traffic a Dedicated Server can handle, just like there are limits to how many customers can fit inside a store at the same time. 

However, I will double check to make sure this is accurate and not just a typo as @PL281 mentioned. 

EDIT: FWIW I confirmed that this is correct. Our marketing team is looking at changing the description so others won't have the same confusion. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post