Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    RiscIt
    Helper I

Unknown dms ftp user

I just went add an ftp user to one of our VPS accounts and found one was already there. 

The name started with dms followed by a long number. 

We did not create it.

It is *not* in the section labeled "Special FTP Accounts - Special FTP Accounts are linked to administrative aspects of your hosting account and cannot be deleted."

Should we be worried or is this a known service account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Adrian8
    Helper VI

Hello @RiscIt

Do you have any automated backup feature?

If you do, maybe is from that.

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
    Adrian8
    Helper VI

Hello @RiscIt

Do you have any automated backup feature?

If you do, maybe is from that.

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.

View solution in original post

Indeed we do. Is that documented somewhere?

I'd just like something more concrete than "maybe" when we're worried about possibly foreign/comprimised accounts.

Sorry @RiscIt but I'm not a GoDaddy employee, and therefore I do not have access to investigate your account.

I suggest to contact a Customer Service representative to investigate your situation.

https://uk.godaddy.com/contact-us.aspx

Good luck.

In digging deeper I found that you can actually see which account site back up is using in the site backup settings, which confirmed that was the username in question.

Thanks for pointing us in the right direction.

You're welcome @RiscIt 🙂