• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Online Store-- How to do 301 redirects from www to a non www

Hi all,

Please can someone help me on how to do domain 301 redirects redirection from (www.example.com) to (example.com) in godaddy online store. I have an Online Store account with Godaddy but there is no tutorials on how to do permanent domain 301 redirects  from a www to a non www website in Online Store. 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
    Solution

Re: Online Store-- How to do 301 redirects from www to a non www

i'm not quite sure but in my cpanel i would create a new domain by adding on a domain and then deleting the domain that it points to and then add an ip address instead.  either way you could write a header rule that auto redirects to the desired IP

Solution

Thank you very much.

Regards

I purchased an expired domain on Godaddy auction. The purpose was to 301 redirect the old domain to my helmet store website. I heard that in the Cpanel there is a manual redirect option but this does not help in passing the authority of the website. Instead, one should use 301 redirect using .htaccess file. 

Did someone try this?

Just go to your domains dns settings and redirect from there. You will get well known files from that and will not throw red flags. Making it harder thannitvhas to be is not a efficient method. Just click your domain settings and point the domain to your choosing.